Reloading for AR 6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice writeup, what brand gauges are those in the pic? I haven't seen any other 6.5 Grendel gauges on the market aside from the Sheridan gauges that would fit your definition of "rifle" gauges. But I call mine ammunition gauges.

A larger image: http://www.sheridanengineering.com/images/SG65GRN_2.jpg

Originally posted by Klem View Post
    It is easier to bump longitudinal headspace too short than it is to impart too much axial headspace.
    That is definitely true, and part of the reason I added the slot. The slot in the side of the gauge will allow you to see whats happening, whether or not the brass is seating all the way in, or if it is getting stuck due to the diameter.

Originally posted by Klem View Post
    Bottom line, keep screwing down your die until your case falls into the rifle gauge between the min and max measures which means it's back to SAAMI specs. It is then good-to-go in all directions.
    This is also good info, but there are also times where I have seen people size brass correctly, then create bulges in the case due to bullet seating, or other steps later in the reloading process. So even if you are starting with brass you know is sized right, its good to check after you load the ammo.

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

zapp,

The gauge in the photo is a Lyman for .223, but they do not make one for Grendel. My Grendel gauge is from Wilson. Sinclair sells them for $27.

I was not aware about Sheridan so that's good to know. Interesting idea to cut a slot in the gauge for visual inspection.

Comment

Working...
      X