X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Chellie-Interesting, I made it to 34.3 cfe , using a 95 grn. GMX= same oal as a 100 TTSX. I got to 2850. How close are you to chrono?

20" bbl here. Never had a cratered primer in my life.

Everyone needs to quit Hot rodding the 6.5 Grendel....It is a perfect blend of a many input ideas, to get the best end result- for all of us to enjoy.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 11-15-2013, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• ChellieWiles

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
      Chellie-Interesting, I made it to 34.3 cfe , using a 95 grn. GMX= same oal as a 100 TTSX. I got to 2850. How close are you to chrono?

20" bbl here. Never had a cratered primer in my life.

Everyone needs to quit Hot rodding the 6.5 Grendel....It is a perfect blend of a many input ideas, to get the best end result- for all of us to enjoy.
      I always chrono at 5 paces, about 15 feet. I can get about the same with CFE 223 in mine as well but I hear a slight "crunch" above 33.8grns. When I hear that crunch, I know that burn characteristics have been altered and that velocities between identical rounds can now vary by as much to 80fps due to powder being crushed inside the case. I always load at that point where the bullet seats snugly down into the powder without crushing so that burn properties remain the same throughout combustion within the chamber and barrel. This will give you the best groups. I have a 22" JP barrel.

Comment

• se3388
        Warrior
        • Sep 2011

I haven't used any of the Barnes bullets in my bolt 6.5 Grendel but CFE223 does great with the 100 gr. Ballistic Tips in it. That is all I use for the 100 gr and 120 gr. Ballistic Tips.

Steve..........

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I think we went off track, for JRd01. Just start at 32.5-.8 do the ladder test L-52 talks of ( using sharpies) and inch up by .1 at a time- . Pre-load them -weld yourself to the bench-sandbags, etc. -You are immobile, only the trigger finger moves. You will see what charge works best, also-have a decent trigger!

For my Hornady GMX 100 gr. units-they are longer than the 100 barneys-I use 33.4 of cfe. Find your path. Also ask PA allen..

Comment

Thanks for all the great info. I have pick up some H335 just for the TTSX so will give that try. I see another post has data for that combo.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-20-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X