Volume 2 - 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we were deciding on what binding to use with Volume I, I had 2 test prints made with spiral binding. What I hate about spiral binding is that the pages come off the ends, and about every 3rd opening, you have to go and re-thread the wire back into a page hole, so I found myself actually using the standard Handbook we all have, and I've even tabbed it as you can see in the pics because I refer to it so much answering people's questions, and looking at the next powder/bullet combo I want to try.

With Volume II and the page count being so much more, we knew that staple binding wouldn't be ideal, and we went with the best wire-binding there is: Wire-o, which doesn't have the problems of spiral binding. Here's just two of the pages with 6.5mm hunting bullets alone, and there are still more:

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

I've been reviewing mine, between patients, for much of the last 2 days. I am more and more impressed with how much information there is in this volume!

Comment

For those of you that are more interested in target-shooting, there is a lot of load data in here that is useful to you as well, since there are a lot of 123gr A-MAX & SST loads listed, which seem to correlate really well with 123gr SMK, 123gr Lapua Scenar, 120gr Berger, and 123gr Nosler Custom Competition bullets.

The start loads for those 123gr listed are definitely a great place to begin, and we have quite a few powders like CFE223, LeveRevolution, AR Comp, H335, TAC, 8208XBR, IMR4320, IMR4895, in addition to the powders like AA2520 and BL-C(2).

For the 129gr and 130gr pills, there is a bunch of data as well, which would also make suitable starting points for target bullets with similar profiles and jacket construction.

Comment

• dmsims21
          Warrior
          • Nov 2012

Did y'all do any temp sensitivity testing with CFE223?
          www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

Originally posted by dmsims21 View Post
            Did y'all do any temp sensitivity testing with CFE223?
            It's on my list. I did 60 F pressure ladders with it just before winter came. Hodgdon's says it's a double-base powder with good temp stability, so I have duplicate ladders for low temp testing, and will do high when the summer hits us, as we usually get over 100F up here in June & July.

AA2520, BL-C(2), and TAC being ball powders will have their temp sensitivities, so I'm still waiting on my own tests to see what CFE does for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              For those of you that are more interested in target-shooting, there is a lot of load data in here that is useful to you as well, since there are a lot of 123gr A-MAX & SST loads listed, which seem to correlate really well with 123gr SMK, 123gr Lapua Scenar, 120gr Berger, and 123gr Nosler Custom Competition bullets.

The start loads for those 123gr listed are definitely a great place to begin, and we have quite a few powders like CFE223, LeveRevolution, AR Comp, H335, TAC, 8208XBR, IMR4320, IMR4895, in addition to the powders like AA2520 and BL-C(2).

For the 129gr and 130gr pills, there is a bunch of data as well, which would also make suitable starting points for target bullets with similar profiles and jacket construction.
              KLANG! Thank you :-)

Comment

Here's an example of some of the content in the recommended projectile weight and type for specific game.

Comment

Just got my order in!! Look forward to it.

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work. For those of us that love the Grendel accurate information is so very important. We all want to shot better but most importantly safe!

Comment

• outlaw45
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2012

ordered!

Comment

• Buck2732
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2012

Just placed my order. I hope the transit time is not to great for my side of the pond.
                        Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

Update: The handbook is out of the printers as of 1/2/14 with deliveries starting in a couple of weeks!

Comment

• NightForce

Are these books available as E-Books for iPads and the like?

Comment

Originally posted by NightForce View Post
                              Are these books available as E-Books for iPads and the like?
                              We have tossed the idea around a bit, but the decision remains open.

One of the chief detractors is time spent implementing this version is time not spent getting the next version ready for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                                We have tossed the idea around a bit, but the decision remains open.

One of the chief detractors is time spent implementing this version is time not spent getting the next version ready for you.
                                I vote you spend your time on the next volume. JMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X