X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

The difference on my AA barrel to Lilja is more than wear. .074 seems like a lot of wear and I think Lilja has new reamers and AA's QC is top notch so something gives.

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
      The difference on my AA barrel to Lilja is more than wear. .074 seems like a lot of wear and I think Lilja has new reamers and AA's QC is top notch so something gives.
      How do you know it is more than wear?

In the same sentence you say .074 "seems" like a lot of wear but that Lilja has new reamers (which means they may be on the high side of tolerances).

Have you actually done the math to determine how much longer the throat would be with +.002" on the reamer?
      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Walter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

Ted is the AA barrel the one that Bill A said was not one of his?

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

I guess I don't know that formula so if you could help do that it would be great.

I did just get my Shilen Barrel and just finished measuring the CBTO. Actually all of there measurements seem to have the 129gr and 123gr SST's land right on the cannelure. There measurements fall right in the middle of the AA barrel and the Liberty Barrel. I'll have my Lilja 24" Monday and add that to my log file and just keep getting more numbers.

If there is a formula to show the low side and the high side of reamer tolerances, that would be great. Then I can compare that to the Grendel whatever Satern will call it and see how they all compare.

Truthfully, all I want to know is how certain barrels shoot with factory ammo and hand loads that are heavy weight and wider Ogive's. This is not to say anyone's barrel is better or worse, just to pass on what is available for a persons use.

Some people don't hand load and use factory ammo so if a barrel is reamed on the high side does the jump affect the accuracy? If so then a barrel with a shorter Ogive might be the barrel for them.

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Walter View Post
            Ted is the AA barrel the one that Bill A said was not one of his?
            He did not say it was not one of his, he said if there was an issue he would look at it for me. I also took suggestions from a forum members recommendation and cleaned the barrel which seems to have made is so factory ammo drops out after being locked with a bolt. I posted that I think the barrel was dirty so I don't think that is an issue.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

He did not say it was not one of his, he said if there was an issue he would look at it for me. I also took suggestions from a forum members recommendation and cleaned the barrel which seems to have made is so factory ammo drops out after being locked with a bolt. I posted that I think the barrel was dirty so I don't think that is an issue.
              You mean this from Bill A.
              Part of manufacturing is that on occasions an item may not be perfect. If this is the case then it is the duty of the manufacturer to look at said item and rectify any problems found. I do not recognize the barrel in the picture but it may have been re-profiled as well as fluted. Regardless there is no drama in examining it and if needed turning a reamer in the chamber. Why would one not help a fellow shooter out?

Ted you're intentionally trying to start shit. You're pulling an Obama and nobody is buying it anymore.

Until you've sent that barrel to AA to check, there's no excuse for trying to put it off as an AA barrel with a short throat.

Until you've got measurements that show the Lilja barrels may be hazardous there's no excuse for trying to insinuate there's a problem.

Until you've got data that says the Lilja barrels are not sub moa with Factory ammo and/or can not be reloaded to sub moa, again there's no excuse for trying to insinuate there's a problem with the Lilja barrels.
              Last edited by cory; 03-14-2014, 10:49 PM.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

I don't suppose you posted a retraction of your earlier claims (repeated elsewhere) that cleaning the barrel and NOT using paint made a difference (i.e. it chambers correctly)...

As far as figuring out the chamber length, it is basic geometry.
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Tedward,

I may be confused, but are you not an FFL, set up for manufacture and sale of uppers and barrels?

Comment

Working...
                  X