Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wisconsinteacher

Alternative bullet

Hey guys, I have a few 107 Sierra bullets left but am thinking of trying something new. My rifle did not care for 123 bullets so I am thinking the 100 Amax. What other bullets would you try for plinking/playing at the local range?

Sierra 85 grain HP's are usually available and very accurate in my rifle.
    No recoil and half inch groups look good to me.
    Hornady 100 Amax seem to be harder to find than hens teeth.
    I can't find any.

Comment

• Onewolf
      Bloodstained
      • May 2013

Scenar 108s? Nice BC for a light bullet.

Comment

• rasp65
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

I thought I saw the 100 A-Max on the suspended list that Hornady put out last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
          I thought I saw the 100 A-Max on the suspended list that Hornady put out last fall.
          "Plinking at the range" suggests inexpensive but reliable bullets.

The "not like 123 gr bullets" might be a result of bullet length. The Sierra Prohunter is no more than1.093" long which is quite bit shorter than the 107 gr Sierra (1.275") per JBM Ballistics.

Midway has them in stock: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/517...ProductFinding

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsinteacher View Post
            Hey guys, I have a few 107 Sierra bullets left but am thinking of trying something new. My rifle did not care for 123 bullets so I am thinking the 100 Amax. What other bullets would you try for plinking/playing at the local range?
            What barrel/chamber do you have?

Are you specifically looking for a plinking load?

Comment

• wisconsinteacher

I have a 16" AA barrel. I have not tried the 123 for some time. My rifle likes the 107 Sierras and I enjoy playing with different things when it comes to reloading so I am looking at different bullets to try. The rounds will be used for range use only, no hunting with the 6.5 at this time.

Comment

The 100gr Berger would be another nice one for speed, but they're not cheap.

85gr Sierra HP would be fun as well. What powders do you have?

Comment

Working...
                X