Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RStewart View Post
    Welcome to the world of reloading! Lol!
    There's definitely a steep learning curve!

Comment

Drifter is right check first but I would certainly be of the opinion that the shoulder needs to go back 0.001" to 0.002"

Don't worry it happens to all of us, we learn and then go on.

That Sheridan case gauge is awesome you can see exactly how much the shoulder needs to move by what level the case head comes to.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by gmar View Post
        I think I got it figured out. I came home, resized a piece of brass, it fit in the case gauge and chamber perfectly. I chamfered the inside and outside of the brass. Then I reinstalled my seating die, this time being sure to back it out a 1/2 turn. I loaded a four pieces of brass with bullets and they worked perfectly! I guess when I was seating the bullet, I didn't back out the seating die and it was pushing down the shoulder just enough to cause problems when I was chambering a round. I ordered the Hornday headspace gauges and comparator and will wait until they come in to load any live rounds so that I can be 100% sure. I'm just happy that the four rounds chambered properly and hopefully I won't have too many future problems.

Again...thanks for everyone's help!
        Yeah, don't worry about it. I've been reloading for years and it took me awhile to get the hang of loading rifle for gas guns.

Comment

Hey Rick, for some of my first reloads I had the shoulder about 1-2 thousandths too far forward, I was kinda stuck at the range so I let the BCG fly twice and they were then able to be fired.

Not a perfect scenario but it was enough to keep me from driving home an hour and a half without zeroing my rifle.

Comment

Working...
          X