Economy Ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup -- hopefully less pricey with the volume purchase!

Comment

That Berger 100 grain should do the job down south on whitetails and other game, just kinda light for northern white tailed deer that can be anywhere from 150 to 400lbs.

IIRC that one in MN taken years ago was 500lbs.

Comment

You are so right!

Has anyone compared the trajectory of the 100 gr Berger with the trajectory of the 100 gr TTSX?

Comment

If I were going to have a limited edition hunting bullet (economy or not) that would take advantage of the Grendel it would be a 123g SST or similar bullet. The Hot Cor, Pro Hunter and Core-Lokt are cheap and easy to find ( if you reload). A 123g SST!! That a would be a prize purchase!

Comment

Just stumbled across this deal http://www.intlmidway.com/intl/eprod...eItemID=465779

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by steel89 View Post
              Here's the US site: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...ber=1601271606

Comment

I am always willing to try a few from a "special run" . If I had my druthers I'd go with the Speer or Remington soft points. Put me down for a 100 or so of whatever you make.

Comment

I'd love to see the corelokt load, I'd also like to see a berger bullet in the 120-125 gr range. Out of 16" barrel the 130 berger drops below 1000 ft lbs at 300yrds if I read correctly. I thought berger didn't recommend the special match target for hunting because the jackets were thicker. I'd want this bullet to be a hunting VLD.

Comment

Originally posted by stanc
                    I'm not a hunter. My only interest would be a 105-115 grain FMJ.

(Preferably a true economy round.)
                    + 1 for me.

Comment

+1 for 120 grain
                      Remington Core-Lokt Bullets

Comment

I don't have a Grendel yet, but I've reloaded the 6.5x55 for years - let me make a suggestion. There's a reason the Hornady Interlock Spiral Point (and presumably SST) is/are known as "the poor man's premium" bullet. They're accurate enough for plinking (very much sub-MOA in my bolt actions), very effective for game, and are pretty cheap.

OTOH, I likely won't buy any of this ammunition until I have a Grendel, so I have no vote...

Comment

• michaelmew

Mr Alexander, this thread has lasted almost the whole month. Pray tell us, what have you decided to do?

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                          I am always willing to try a few from a "special run" ..... Put me down for a 100 or so of whatever you make.
                          +1. If Bill Alexander thinks it's worth shooting, then I'll try it in my gun. Target, varmit, medium game, plinking, long range, short range, whatever, it doesn't matter to me. I'm going to first go to the range and test it out. After that, I'll find something to do with it.

But, I don't want to pay for expensive special purpose rounds. Keep it close to or cheaper than Hornady 123 and I'll buy it. Also, I don't want to run Wolf in my gun. I try to reload and want to stick with all small primers (Lapua and Hornady).

Thanks Bill for asking the little people how they want to spend their precious dollars and not the asking the big guys how they can make the most profit.

-michaelmew

Comment

I'm all for the Bergers. I want mine w/cheese & fries. Seriously, the 115 Bergers would be great.

Comment

When?

Comment

The Bergers might just be the ticket for harvesting the source material of the Burgers.

--- Couldn't resist responding to Whelenon's pun above!

Comment

Working...
                                X