X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by davidj View Post
    Has anyone ever figured out which case (lapua vs. hornady) is the better buy?
    Hornady brass is good brass, but somewhat softer than Lapua. I've reloaded a few pieces 4-5 times, and I've had some loose primer pockets on some of those. I've reloaded Lapua more than 10 times without having that happen.

Generally, sometime after 10 reloadings of Lapua I tend to lose about 3-4 pieces/100 to split necks. I've never had to toss any because of loose primer pockets.

Lapua is better brass by all accounts, but Hornady is decent also. Comparable to Lapua vs. Norma brass in my experience.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Ok, here it is.

We will be running a one time only offer for this custom ammo. 115 grain Berger HPBT on Hornady brass at $162.50 per case of 200 plus shipping. The projectiles are based off the existing 120 grain so the Bc will be up at 0.480 but Berger is running the hunting type jacket so these will happily cross over from target to hunting applications. The offer is a first come first served deal and the run will be limited to a short production of 500 cases only. We will start to take pre orders for these immediately and anticipate completing the run and delivery by the close of this next month.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
        Ok, here it is.

We will be running a one time only offer for this custom ammo. 115 grain Berger HPBT on Hornady brass at $162.50 per case of 200 plus shipping. The projectiles are based off the existing 120 grain so the Bc will be up at 0.480 but Berger is running the hunting type jacket so these will happily cross over from target to hunting applications. The offer is a first come first served deal and the run will be limited to a short production of 500 cases only. We will start to take pre orders for these immediately and anticipate completing the run and delivery by the close of this next month.
        Where do we order?

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
          Where do we order?
          Call Alexander Arms.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            Call Alexander Arms.
            I did and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. They said they hadn't even been made yet and to watch the web page, no pre-orders.

Rick

Comment

They are listed on the AA website.

Comment

What's the velocity on these expected to be?

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
                  I did and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. They said they hadn't even been made yet and to watch the web page, no pre-orders.

Rick
                  Here's the link: http://www.alexanderarms.com/item/12...aseSPECIAL.htm

Comment

I ordered my case this am. They should come in just before hunting season. I am a little hesatant to use a hollow point on hogs or a quatering shot on deer. I'll bet the SD is in in the .230 range and that might limit penatration to 10 inches or so. Does anyone out there have any expierence with Berger hunting bulets?

Comment

According to gun writer John Barsness, some Berger bullets have an interesting expansion pattern - the penetrate for about two inches without expanding, then they expand explosively. Those bullets might be good for ribcage shots, but not quartering, and these economy bullets may not be those he described.

Comment

I see that the 115 grain bullet has been taken down from the AA ammo page. Hope all you guys got your orders in.

Comment

He sold those 100 $58 promotion price AA 6.5 Grendel lowers over the weekend as well. I went to order one today, and they were gone, even though today was still in the time slot, so all 100 must have been snatched-up. This is just another indicator of how much traction and popularity the Grendel is gaining.

Comment

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                            I see that the 115 grain bullet has been taken down from the AA ammo page. Hope all you guys got your orders in.
                            Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            He sold those 100 $58 promotion price AA 6.5 Grendel lowers over the weekend as well. I went to order one today, and they were gone, even though today was still in the time slot, so all 100 must have been snatched-up. This is just another indicator of how much traction and popularity the Grendel is gaining.
                            But the Grendel is a dying platform. I read it on another forum, so it must be true.

Comment

When you look at the combination of the AR15 and the 6.5 Grendel, you have a very versatile system that covers a lot of different applications, especially as people who have learned the benefits of the AR15 platform for hunting and target-shooting grow larger and larger by the moment. The ballistic potential of the Grendel speaks for itself, and shooters are realizing that. We know it is not a magic caliber, but it does offer a lot for the AR15 owner looking to closely duplicate many typical .308 trajectories with half the recoil, without having to purchase an entirely new, heavier, larger, more expensive AR10 platform.

Comment

Does anyone know how soon the Bergers will ship?

Comment

Working...
                                X