• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
    I like the Nosler 100 grain BT and I bet the Hornady 100 grain AMAX will be a little cheaper. I really like the way the 100 grain bullets have shot in my 16" barrel.
    The 100 NBTs have shot great for me. The only reason I'm looking at the Amax is because it's about $8 per hundred cheaper
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
      What barrel were you using? The 120 AMax was one of the few bullets that would hit the lands on mine. It's interesting that it is shorter than the Nosler 100 but hits the lands.

R
      20" satern

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• txgunslinger

I finally got to shoot mine, I had to seat them real deep as well, 2.19. I loaded them with 28 grains of 8208. I don't have a chrongraph so I don know how fast they are but they shot absolutely amazing for me. Don't know my exact group size but it was wayyy less than 1 inch at 100 yds. POI. Was exactly the same as the factry 123. Now my only question to myself is, should I start working up a little hotter load or should I not mess with sucess and fill up an ammo box with tbs load? I think I'm going to call it good and not jack with it. I don't really think I could be more pleased from an accuracy standpoint.

Comment

txgunslinger found a bullet that is accurate and cheap. Thats always good news. My next 2 criteria for a hunting bullet are expansion vs penetration. Sombody shoot some through old books or somthing please.

t

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by txgunslinger View Post
            I finally got to shoot mine, I had to seat them real deep as well, 2.19. I loaded them with 28 grains of 8208. I don't have a chrongraph so I don know how fast they are but they shot absolutely amazing for me. Don't know my exact group size but it was wayyy less than 1 inch at 100 yds. POI. Was exactly the same as the factry 123. Now my only question to myself is, should I start working up a little hotter load or should I not mess with sucess and fill up an ammo box with tbs load? I think I'm going to call it good and not jack with it. I don't really think I could be more pleased from an accuracy standpoint.
            What rifle were you shooting them in?

When my hornady brass comes in I'm going to give them another run.

Comment

• txgunslinger

I am shooting them through a custom build with an 18 in AR stoner barrel, which btw, being fairly new to the forum I am very suprised to see hardly anybody uses.

Comment

gunslinger, as a fellow texan i am having lots of trouble finding a load that shooots well (other than factory Hornady 123's) in my 20 inch AA pipe. have you tried 8208 with 123's or are the 100's the only ones.

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by muttdog View Post
                  gunslinger, as a fellow texan i am having lots of trouble finding a load that shooots well (other than factory Hornady 123's) in my 20 inch AA pipe. have you tried 8208 with 123's or are the 100's the only ones.
                  Missed your question- I've had great results with 123 smk's & 8208

Comment

• Glockzilla

For proper feeding it seems that I have to seat rather deep, 2.150 in the AA 19.5 upper. So far so good with 0.75 MOA at 100yrds.

A-Max 100gr
                    WLR
                    Benchmark 28.8
                    Wolf brass
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2011, 03:47 AM. Reason: spellllin

Comment

Yup, I like this little bullet. I shot about 10 of em today.

100gr A-Max (99.7gr)
                      WLR
                      H322 28.5
                      Wolf Brass.

I think the load has potential. It's much lower recoil than my 123gr load, and pretty zippy. It shows less drop at 600 too, 15 MOA as opposed to 18 MOA. The BC is around .385, and my 16" barrel was spitting them out at an average of 2700 fps.

Consistency shows promise, though I must say that my equipment is a handicap there. My 3-9 POSP isn't the best of scopes for shooting groups. I just shot a goup of 5 before shooting the other 5 at 600 to verify ballistics. The group was near or perhaps a little bit over a minute.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Glockzilla

Rambozo, what's your COL for this load?

Comment

Originally posted by Glockzilla View Post
                          Rambozo, what's your COL for this load?
                          Around 2.217

Correction, that was 28.5gr of H322

Comment

• txgunner00
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

I've seated the as deep as 2.180 and they are still sticking. Unfortunately I don't think these bullets are for my rifle.

Comment

Working...
                            X