This weekend's long range report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    For me, 14x is plenty at 1000yds. 10x is plenty at 1000yds, especially if you have glass with great resolution and a clear, crisp reticle with fine intersecting crosshairs. I also have 20/15 vision, so I have an edge in that regard. As long as you can clearly index your sight picture at the center of your target, settle the gun well, and maintain that sight picture throughout the shot(thanks Gene), you're good-aside from your doping of course.
    Hey I still have 20/15 vision, but with my contacts in!

I hate that I have the area between close up and 20" that is blurry when corrected, without lenses I am fine but then it sucks after 18" distance

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Darkop View Post
      Hey txgunner00,
      How does your brass look with that hot of a load. At 65f and 28.4g of 8208 XBR I was beating the crap out of AA/Lapua brass and getting deep extractor marks in the brass. I have now backed down to 28.1g 8208 XBR.

Nice shooting! I have only gone out to 800 with mine.

Until that day,
      Darkop
      It's not any worse than what I would call normal wear & tear.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
        It's not any worse than what I would call normal wear & tear.
        I wonder if I got a soft batch of brass. Some of mine have deep extractor marks. All AA/Lapua.

Comment

• DangerClose

TX Gunner,

I can assume that you live in the Lone Star State. I do as well, and Im wondering what city you are from. I say this, because Id like to see if you want to test the gun at unknown ranges. I have a lease with longer range capabilities.

Its an open invitation

Comment

txgunner is shooting at best of the west, near Austin. TV is Tiger Valley, near Waco.
            Danger Close, I'm sending you a PM, we need to get together.

MLM

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DangerClose View Post
              TX Gunner,

I can assume that you live in the Lone Star State. I do as well, and Im wondering what city you are from. I say this, because Id like to see if you want to test the gun at unknown ranges. I have a lease with longer range capabilities.

Its an open invitation
              I live north of Austin but I get around the state pretty often.

PM sent

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I got to the range again this weekend. These SMKs can shoot! Conditions were near perfect early in the day.

gren 1000.jpg

Top hit was a sighter, adjusted and shot 5 more.

Comment

Working...
                X