• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usar_ds
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2014

CORE Rifle Systems Grendel released

I apologize if everyone else already knew about this, but it was news to me when a newsletter about it showed up in my civ mail inbox this morning.

CORE Rifle Systems is a manufacturer of quality AR-15 Rifles and Pistols built in Ocala, FL. Established in 2010 as a subsidiary to Good Time Outdoors, Inc.
  • usar_ds
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2014

still no idea what chamber they are using ect...

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

If I were guessing I'd say SAAMI 6.5 Grendel chamber, looks like they are selling Nitride 18" & 20" button rifled barrels and a SS barrel. With the slowing sales to AR-15's manufactures are broadening their product lines to include the 6.5 Grendel. If Larue or Noveske offered a 6.5 Grendel we might see other ammo companies jump into the Grendel market.
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 10-29-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• din
        Warrior
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        If I were guessing I'd say SAAMI 6.5 Grendel chamber, looks like they are selling Nitride 18" & 20" button rifled barrels and a SS barrel. With the slowing sales to AR-15's manufactures are broadening their product lines to include the 6.5 Grendel. If Larue or Noveske offered a 6.5 Grendel we might see other ammo companies jump into the Grendel market.
        I can see LaRue doing it before Noveske, they've already been playing around with some .260 barrels and their fanbase seems to be invested in precision shooting. Not really sure what's been going on with Noveske lately.

Comment

• usar_ds
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2014

dont quote me but I'm pretty sure Mark Larue posted something on another forum to the effect of them working on a grendel offering as their next project

still... i think its pretty cool that there is another manufacturer on board for the 6.5g

and I haven't got any experience with CORE but I have heard good things about their rifles.
          Last edited by usar_ds; 10-30-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Bwild97
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

1-7 Twist is a bit fast for a 18 and 20" barrels.

Comment

• m796rider
              Warrior
              • Jul 2011

I think they copied and pasted the 5.56 rifle info to the Grendel info table.

Comment

• usar_ds
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2014

stuff their rep posted on another forum says they are using 1-8 twist barrels

Comment

• Spooky
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2015

Looks like they corrected it to 1:8 on their website.

Comment

• Bwild97
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2015

I really like their 6.5 Grendel graphic!!

Comment

Working...
                    X