What triggers are you guys running in your Grendels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herodrh
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

Running several JP triggers, 3lb, 4lb and the new JP grendel is sporting the 3lb JP trigger with the new armageddon gear revolution roller flat trigger dongle. A bit different feel from the standard 3lb curved trigger, still evaluating that. And last but not least running the hiperfire 24C on an 18" .223 wylde rifle. With the flat bow and trigger shoe, it is my favorite trigger of the bunch. At some point I would like to try a geissle DMR/Hi-speed trigger as well for ultimate long range shooting but as yet have not tried any 2 stage varieties.

Comment

• Optiskate
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2016

I don't have a trigger for my grendel build yet, but my other AR is running a hypertouch 24 3g with the 2.5lb Springs in it. It pulls right at 2lbs. It's light, crisp, no take up, Shor reset. It's oNE on the best triggers I have ever felt. I plan on running the NiB coated version in my Grendel. I didn't think they could improve the 3g, but apparently the NiB coated version is supposed to feel even better. For the price it had better. Lol

Comment

• wilecoyote
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

I have run an SSA-E, SD-E and currently have an AR Gold in my Grendel. I have liked them all. The AR Gold has grown on me. Its initial take up is close to zero and then it breaks nicely. I may swap it into my new Grendel build and go back to a SSA-E or SD-E in my current rifle.

Comment

• Maplebacon
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2016

Swapping my LMT 2-stage for a Geiselle HSNM-DMR. Curious to see the improvement. Could not pass up the easter sale.

Comment

• Vasux86
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

I just bought and installed an MBT-2S last week. Love it.

Comment

• Cockednlocked
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by SSK shooter View Post
              started with a geissele ssa-e it was good. switched to a high speed national match and I like that much better.
              That's good to hear. I waffled between the SSA-E and the HSNM-DMR, and went with the DMR because of its adjustability. I haven't regretted it, even works very well in CQB with my 300BLK upper. I wanted to be able to "stiffen" the pull for matches that required a heavier pull than what I usually like. I started out with a CMMG single stage, which worked well for an off-the-shelf trigger, but the DMR is like going from a butter knife to a razor by comparison.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                Warrior
                • Jan 2016

The DMR is the best Geissele makes IMO. The AR I've had the longest has this in it (not sure how many years/rounds... more than a few). For some reason that rifle stays the dirtiest and gets abused the most - but I cannot recall every having an issue with it.

Comment

• Rickc
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

Ssa-e

Comment

• Frank45
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2016

Geissele HSNM service rifle. Very happy so far in both my Grendel and 5.56.

Comment

• RickB
                      Unwashed
                      • Sep 2016

Geissele SSA-E
                      - Rick

Comment

• Texas
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2016

Timney 3 lb, Jewell, McCormick 3 lb, Geiselle SSA-E, and Velocity.
                        Last edited by Texas; 04-24-2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Hillbilly6.5
                          Unwashed
                          • Sep 2016

Timney 4 lb.

Timney 4 pound single stage. Crisp with short rest.

Comment

• larrygsills@aol.com
                            Unwashed
                            • Aug 2016

POF-USA 4.5lb Single Stage drop-in trigger.

Comment

• TacHunter
                              Unwashed
                              • Sep 2016

I like to run either the CMC 3 lb. and the Timney Skeleton 3 lb comp in most of my AR's if I go budget I go with the Rise Armament 3.5 lb. For my Grendel I'm going to go with the CMC straight 3 lb.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by larrygsills@aol.com View Post
                                POF-USA 4.5lb Single Stage drop-in trigger.
                                This is now my preferred Trigger. I've used them in my last 7-8 builds and have been very impressed.

I first used a POF when my LGS was out of the CMC but had the POF on the wall a couple years ago. Glad I tried it.

Comment

Working...
                                X