Alexander Arms - Why so slow???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Arms - Why so slow???

I was wondering if anybody else is having hard time hearing back from Alexander Arms? I placed an order almost two months ago, I received one e-mail so far that promised to get back to me by weekend to update the status, that was 2 weeks ago and still counting...

I sent them around 5 or 6 e-mails so far...

I was interested with their 28" long distance target shooting model... Any other manufacturers with similar setups?

Regards,

aashooter...
  • grendelized

Yeah, they were not very reliable via email. You should be better served to make a phone call. I got the AWS with Shilen upgrade and it will drive tacks. Definitely worth the wait for the Shilen barrel to arrive.

Comment

• longdayjake

AA is notoriously slow answering emails. You have to call them.

Comment

• grendelized

I would guess that is more of a testament to the fact that they are covered up. Possibly understaffed like everyone else.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

AA is a small operation, They really accomplish tremendous amounts of work for the number of people they have, but everyone wears multiple hats and thus email is not receiving the highest priority. (Witness the post by Bill Alexander last night that pointed out it was after 7PM and he still had to fix the toilet that someone had knocked off the base!)

Melissa really does keep great track of what is happening, but phone calls work best.

Please call to get any updates.

Comment

I waited for a Shilen barrel. I was impatient and called for updates, and the people at AA were very patient and kind to me. The wait was well worth it. When the upper arrived with the new barrel, it shot great. Waiting is a pain, but you have to wait because AA doesn't put out junk just to get it out the door. It is worth the wait.

Comment

On 9/20/10 (~six months ago) I ordered a chromed Grendel bolt from AA’s on-line store to have a back up on hand. A few days later I was curious and called to see if they were in stock and when it would ship... I was told “two weeks”. January of this year I called again to see if my order was still in the system “Yes” and where they in stock? “They should be here in two weeks”. I’m not holding my breath.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Hmmm....I thought bolts were in stock. Give Melissa a call again.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

We have been backordered on the chrome bolts for some time, additionally we are undertaking a few design manipulations to see if it can be further improved. I undertsand the parts are in production now but was surprised at how long it took to get these. We have a constant demand on this part so they dry out quickly.

On the 28" long range rig, we do not have these as an off the shelf set up. With options on color and handguard type, and the requirement to test for accuracy at 100 and frequently 600 it is impractical to build in advance.

Please call the shop for updates on orders.

Bill Alexander

Comment

• Texas Grendel-ier

So far I have received very quick e-mail responses from Melissa.When I was ready to place my order I sent two e-mails with questions. She responded within the hour to the first one,after I e-mailed the second time she responded back(within the hour) to give her a call. I called,she answered the rest of my questions and I placed my order.Yessir I know that me getting ready to buy an A.A.Grendel with options had a lot to do with that;the true test of any outfit is how they take care of parts orders,complaints and problems.I am extreme "noobie" to 6.5 Grendel,hell I haven't even gotten my hands on one yet and here I am a member of 65grendel. Now if I can just get Bill A. to read this then check out my new member introduction where he can view the photo of the gun range where I'll be shooting on occasion ,maybe he can get Donny & crew to put some magic in that gun(wink wink nod nod).

Comment

• longdayjake

They all have some magic put into them.

Comment

• Texas Grendel-ier

That is what I gather after researching 6.5 Grendel for the last 3 months.Started out considering 6.8 SPC until Johnny "Texas Mule Deer Hunter" said I should look at the Grendel.He was right. Take care longday.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Originally posted by aashooter View Post
                          I was wondering if anybody else is having hard time hearing back from Alexander Arms? I placed an order almost two months ago, I received one e-mail so far that promised to get back to me by weekend to update the status, that was 2 weeks ago and still counting...

I sent them around 5 or 6 e-mails so far...

I was interested with their 28" long distance target shooting model... Any other manufacturers with similar setups?

Regards,

aashooter...
                          So did you call? who did you talk to? What was the answer?

Bill Alexander

Comment

Just last week I rec'd my bolt, my upper and my magazines in about 5 to 7 days. Seems fast to me and I'm happy.

Comment

I call this morning as asked about a barrel I ordered two weeks ago. I was told that it would be late April, maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X