• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccasanova
    Warrior
    • Mar 2016

New (to me) Grendel PF/Les Baer

The upper is a 6.5 Grendel Precision Firearms with a Les Baer barrel (20" bull) and bolt group (2012/13?) The lower is a Tactical Innovations billet with a skeletonized Timney trigger and Magpul PRS stock.
    Attached Files
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Nice looking stick. Those les bear pipes really shoot.

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I bet that will shoot real good!

Comment

• ccasanova
        Warrior
        • Mar 2016

Not sure why I put Grendel, I'm sure it's 264 lbc since its LB. rifle weighs 10.5# no scope. No recoil at all. Feels like 22lr. I've been researching for months, but haven't decided on a scope yet. Planning on SFP ~$600. Opinions welcome. The Timney feels great, but I think I'll look to trade for a Geissele ssa-e like my other rifle. Thinking about the Seekins spr v3 rail with flat bottom since I shoot from a rest and deer stand. Any suggestions and/or recommendations are welcome.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

For scopes I'd look at Vortex Viper or PST series. I also Like Luepold tactical and VXR or VX III.

Comment

• SG4247
            Warrior
            • Aug 2013

I picked up my Les Baer 264 a couple days ago, after sitting for six months.

Went out and fired a few sighters and then went for score at 300.

IF anyone ever says the 264 LBC chamber wont shoot, laugh and say okey dokey!

LB Berger 120 30.4_CFE223_300(6).jpg
            NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

I have a .264 Les Baer bull 24" SS with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 x 40, and at 300 yards, it's scary how consistent it's on target (haven't tried beyond 300 yards but it would certainly handle way beyond 300).

I haven't tried any ammo higher quality than the Hornady (which has performed the best so far)...which has been the best...but the PPU isn't too far behind. The cheap Wolf stuff does okay but not great. I'll post some comparisons when I have time.

Long story short, I love the Les Baer. I'm looking for a Les Baer .223...preferably used to keep the cost down.
              If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• ccasanova
                Warrior
                • Mar 2016

I hope this one shoots that well. Those are impressive.

Comment

• SG4247
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2013

I have had two LB 20" 264 barreled AR's.

Both shot the 120 Berger and CFE powder in the above pic very well, under 1/2 MOA generally.

Wish I hadn't sold the other one...

Now, I am looking for a Les Baer 308...to convert to 6 x 47 Lapua.

This is my best group from the same rifle with 1/10th more powder.

Notice the witness autograph in the lower left corner. Like a hole in one in golf!
                  Attached Files
                  NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Very impressive, SG!
                    If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• danm
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2014

Very nice rifle ccassanova. The .264 LBC has potentially better accuracy than SAAMI Grendel but might be more finicky with ammo, but my .264 BHW shoots everything.

Comment

• ccasanova
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2016

Does anybody know which gas block I need for this heavy barrel, that will fit under a Seekins sp3 rail?

Comment

• Kinganuthin
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by ccasanova View Post
                          Does anybody know which gas block I need for this heavy barrel, that will fit under a Seekins sp3 rail?
                          looking at that rail, i cant imagine you would have problems with any typical low pro gas block. i would however stay away from clamp style GBs, because they do require more room on the bottom. looks like you wouldnt have too much trouble using an adjustable GB with that rail.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

If your talking bout the v3 rail they make you should have lots of room I'm thinking, I have the v3 rail on my grendel and I have a Syriac adjustable block under it and it has tons of room.

Comment

• ccasanova
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2016

Thanks, looks like JP makes exactly what I'm looking for, with confirmation that it will work with the spr3 rail.
                              $90 though, ouch
                              Do I "need" an adjustable gas block? Or stick with a $35 non adjustable ?

Comment

Working...
                              X