• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 81police
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

Going suppressed very soon...

My upper is back at JP Enterprise to have the blended comp heated & removed, any of y'all running cans on your 6.5's? If so, are y'all running adjustable gas blocks?
    John 11:25-26
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I was running the sdn-6 with the slr adjustables on mine. The can was a brick, but performed a pretty well. I currently have a Surefire 7.62 RC2 mini sitting at my local dealer's shop waiting on atf approval.

I would advice an adjustable gas block for a suppressor unless it's a dedicated suppressed setup where the gas port hole was drilled at a smaller diameter for the suppressor. The adjustable gas block will allow you to cut down on some of the blowback.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• 204 AR
      Warrior
      • Sep 2015

I have a Sico Harvester I run. I already had an adjustable block and was able to turn it down with the can on but I don't remember how much.

Comment

• 81police
        Warrior
        • Feb 2013

thanks for the perspective guys. I currently have my sico Omega on a piston LMT 6.8, but it's going on the Grendel next. I do have an adjustable gas block already on there I'll just have to read up on adjusting it properly.
        John 11:25-26

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I use a AAC cyclone and a Tbac ultra 7 on mine with an adjustable block. On mine the block is only open a little to cycle. It doenst take much.

Comment

• ofreen
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2015

I have an adjustable gas system on all the direct impingement AR's I suppress. A couple have adjustable gas blocks and others have adjustable gas tubes which work fine too. I hear people complain about gas in the face, but it isn't an issue for me.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

The Thunderbeast Ultra 5 on 6.5 Grendel is very quiet. Zak Smith was shooting his out to 1350yds down at Steel Safari on the KD range next to the house on Saturday evening, and I had a hard time telling when he was shooting even wearing electronic muffs.

It doesn't feel like there's a suppressor on the end of the rifle either, it's so light and short. Titanium construction is hard to beat in the weight department.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X