• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gooffy140
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

What next???

I've got two lowers from my Surplus Ammo and Arms 3 pack built. I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the 3rd.
    The first one is my heavy target/varmint/stand gun in 6.5 Grendel with a Lilja AR24 barrel, Aero Precision enhanced upper and hand gaurd, Magpul PRS stock, Alfmann tactical trigger. Topped off with a SWFA 10X 42 scope.

My second build is my Amazon/plinker build. Everything was bought off of Amazon.com, except the upper and lower. The upper is a Aero Precision blem, that I picked up for $40. It has a CMMG LPK with the mil spec trigger.

For the 3rd I'm thinking I'd like to make a deer hunting carry gun, between 5-7.5 lbs. Probably in .300 Black Out, but I may consider another 6.5 Grendel. Any thoughts or advice on trigger, furniture, cal. How would you, or have you; outfitted your hunting rig?
    Last edited by gooffy140; 06-15-2016, 09:02 PM.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

For a Hunting gun where range would be 400 yards or less I'd buy a Alexander Arms 16" SS fluted barrel for $195 and an AA bolt. I might even try a carbon fiber hand guard to keep weight down. I have an unused RRA NM trigger and I'd use a six position collapsable stock. For short range I might use an AP light weight one piece mount and either a Vortex 2.5-10 X scope or 1-6 Strike Eagle.

If money were more available I'd order the parts today. lol I have eight AR-15's and really don't need another but at least it wouldn't get lonely.

Comment

• gooffy140
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      I have an unused RRA NM trigger
      That's one of the two trigger options I've been looking at. My other choice was Geissele National Match DRM trigger.

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      If money were more available I'd order the parts today. lol I have eight AR-15's and really don't need another but at least it wouldn't get lonely.
      Much to the chagrin of my wife my rifles don't get to lonely either.

Comment

Working...
      X