• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RicosRevenge
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Well, here is the new baby...

... unfortunately it will be a while before I set her up with optics (or at least permanent optics). But I may throw one of my other scopes on just to check her out and run some rounds

Since this will be just for hunting and I don't want a bulky package; I'm thinking a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 FFP may be the permanent choice.

- Noveske lower w/ JP parts kit
    - POF Trigger (started using these a while back and like them alot - this is the first with a straight trigger just because wanna try it out)
    - B5 Stock
    - Vltor MUR upper
    - 18" JP Lightweight
    - Fail Zero BC w/ JP matched Bolt
    - Raptor Charging Handle
    - Noveske 16.7" NSR Rail

• A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Sweet looking blaster you have sir.

Comment

• Holyfather12
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2016

Good looking rifle. If your ordering through the Vortex LE/Mil discount program it seems those scopes are on a long back order. I ordered a 6-24X50 FFP in January and am still waiting for it.

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Just about all vortex scopes ordered through LGS or vortex affiliates are long standing back orders. Between myself and a couple other guys we have 9 vortex scopes ordered and are waiting. I'm going again next week to check on mine. May have to go back to the good old gold ring this go round.

Richard
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• RicosRevenge
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll keep my DD214 hidden away on this one then.

I got out Sunday and ran the gun with my Razor 1-4X off one of my other rifles. Accuracy wise with Hornady 123s - I am ready to hunt. It grouped very nicely right out of the box... about 1.25" first 5 rounds, then tightened up as I kept shooting. 4th group was right above 3/4" (0.79").

Had an issue with the Alexander Arms mags though. They didn't seem to want to fit in the mag well and if the bolt is closed - forget inserting a loaded mag. I slapped a few of my other 5.56 mags in and all slid right into place.

Guess I'll try something different.

Comment

• IceAxe
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Nice job on the build.

Comment

• shooter545
              Warrior
              • Aug 2012

Nice rifle. I have that same barrel; you will be pleased!

Comment

• catorres1
                Bloodstained
                • May 2016

Wow, this is very similar to what I am building at the moment. However, question, on the pistol grip, is the color you chose sand or magpul FDE? Looks really light, more like sand, but perhaps it is the lighting?

Thanks!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2016

Thanks guys... if I can just get some mags to fit properly... LOL!!

catorres - it is Magpul FDE. The lighting does make it look a little lighter.

Comment

• danm
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2014

Very nice, love the 16.7" Nov on that 18" barrel!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Thanks danm, if you see where the handstop is you'll understand I have monkey arms! LOL!! I like my long rails!

Comment

Working...
                      X