Satern is now chambering .2645 lbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I followed the link, but could not find a reference to .264 LBC.

I did, however, find that they have a stock of button-rifled barrels for the Grendel. Check the bottom of the page "barrels on hand≥"

Comment

This is posted on the page StoneTower's link takes you to

NEW! .264 LBC:
      16" through 28" $443
      Fluted - $568

Comment

I would imagine they will start chambering Grendel again.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOD View Post
          This is posted on the page StoneTower's link takes you to

NEW! .264 LBC:
          16" through 28" $443
          Fluted - $568
          Thanks! I wasn't looking at the right spot

Comment

• StoneTower

I predicted that they would they would start chambering the 264 LBC when they stopped chambering the Grendel (look back in the old thread). It will be interesting to see if they go back to the Grendel chamber or if they stick with the LBC.

What really surprised me was that RCBS is now making dies for the 264. LBC. This makes 4 manufactures of dies that are compatible with the cartridge.

Comment

Help me understand the subtleties here and correct me where I've run astray: From what I understand, the Grendel and LBC have identical chamber dimensions, with the exception of neck diameter and throat definition. To date, the ammunition appears to be interchangeable.

Hence a company making 6.5 Grendel dies can create .264 LBC dies by the simple act of stamping "254 LBC" instead of "6.5 Grendel" -- a move that makes sense even if there's a small number of LBC users who haven't tumbled to the difference.

Barrel makers would have a little more to do because of the differences in chamber neck and throat, but still a small effort.

Further, the Kansas City announcements really haven't had time to filter through the community, including marketers.

I'm curious about how these conversations will change over the coming 60 - 90 days!

Comment

Working...
              X