• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Winny94
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2016

Alternative mags?

I have some c products mags on order that were supposed to have arrived but the shipment was delayed. I need to do some load development this weekend. Are there any other mags that will work in a pinch? Maybe a 5 Rd c products 7.62x39 mag? I have access to quite a few other mags locally, except grendel (go figure). If not, guess I'll single feed.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I've not tried any other mags other than 6.5 Grendel but I've read where users have been able to load 4 or 5 rounds in a P-Mag and they'll function. Same for 7.62 X 39 mags and 6.8 mags but you might be able to loade a couple more till they start to improperly stack. The ribs and followers is what differs most between different caliber mags.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

You should be gtg with any standard magazine loaded to 4 -5 rounds. I've done it, after arriving at the range without my Grendel mags. It is correct to say that the ribs are different and will cause stacking issues at anything more than 4 or five rounds. I was able to use both the 20 round P-Mags and the standard metal ASC and AR-Stoners (loaded to 4-5 rounds).
      Last edited by NugginFutz; 09-06-2016, 07:28 PM.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• audredger
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2016

I have used the D&D 30 round 7.62 mag with good results

Comment

• 1075 tech
          Warrior
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
          You should be gtg with any standard magazine loaded to 4 -5 rounds. I've done it, after arriving at the range without my Grendel mags. It is correct to say that the ribs are different and will cause stacking issues at anything more than 4 or five rounds. I was able to use both the 20 round P-Mags and the standard metal ASC and AR-Stoners (loaded to 4-5 rounds).
          Glad I'm not the only one who's done that. Last weekend had to use a 10 rnd 556 P-mag. Worked ok loaded with 5 rounds.

Comment

• thorshammer
            Unwashed
            • Jun 2016

I had the same pmag issues. I piccked up 2 10 rd'ers from amoosc.com and have two 25's on the way. Haven't had any issue on the 10's feeding. Even mag dumped just for fun and had not problems.
            Proverbs 1:25-28

Comment

Working...
            X