• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDStroup
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2016

It is finally happening!

It is finally happening! I just placed a order through precision firearms for an 18 inch nitrided 6.5 Grendel Criterion Barrel!

A little back story.

I have been gathering parts for this build since i was 18. On my 18th birthday my mother plopped in front of me an Anderson mfg upper and lower receiver and a Spikes tactical LPK and told me to enjoy. I have have been slowly gathering parts one at a time ever since. I am now 22. It has been so slow going because i am a college student trying to get a master degree in mechanical engineering . My birthday was the second. I had only had part of the funds for the barrel so my mother said this build is taking to long and told me happy birthday and gave me the rest of the funds i needed. This will be my first AR15, my inspiration for this build was a love child between the M110 SASS and the MK12 mod 1.

I now have all of the major parts i need(well when they come in anyway). They are as following:

- Precision Firearms 18 inch nitrided 6.5 Grendel Criterion Barrel
    - Geissele 15 inch Mk8 SMR, black
    - Geissele super gas block(came with the rail)
    - Palmetto state armory premium bolt carrier group
    - alexander arms hard use 6.5 grendel bolt
    - Griffin armament OTB muzzle break ( for a future form 1 reflexive can)
    - RAPTOR ambi charging handle
    - Anderson mfg upper and lower receiver
    - spikes tactical LPK with A2 pistol grip( i think it is an A2 grip, but it seems fatter then i remember them. It is actually fatter than the ERGO suregrip on my mothers AR15. But it really doesnt matter as it fits my hand well)
    - A2 Buttstock with standard rifle buffer and spring(probably going to get an extra power Springco buffer spring)
    - 2 E-lander 17 round mags( i need to get more when i get more money as i am completely tapped out for a while)

I plan on putting a primary arms 4-14x44 FFP scope it and saving up for a SWFA 3-15x44 FFP scope along with an atlas bipod.

What does the group think of this build? Do you see any flaws or potential problems i am over looking? Also does anyone know of a cheaper place to get the E-lander magazines from? Alexander arms is a bit heavy with the tax and shipping.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Congrats on getting your build going. I don't think there is another source for E-Lander 17 round mags. Everything else about your build looks really good. If you sign up for Alexander Arms e-mail notification you'll know when they are running a sale. I have bought several items from them around the hollidays when they are running sales. I try to make the most out my purchase to lessen the hit on shipping but fortunately I don't have to pay the tax.

Comment

• MDStroup
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2016

Thanks for the tip. I think i already signed up, but i will double check. I also wasnt meaning just the 17 rounds, but the 25 rounders as well. I guess it is the same situation as well. I just cant wait untill she is completely finished with suppressor and bipod.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I notice on JP's site they are selling the 24 round E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags. Still pricey but might be cheaper in the long run than AA.

I've got several ASC mags that I bought before the E-Landers were released. 44mag.com has good prices on ASC 6.5 Grendel mags. I still think the E-Lander are better mags even if they are more expensive.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-17-2016, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

You're Mom sounds like a great woman! Congrats on you're build. SWFA tends to have a 20% off sale on the Friday after Thanksgiving every year. A FFP 3-15 should sell for around $560 that day. Or if you're looking for a MOA instead of Mil, you can get one slightly used from SWFA today
          SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• MDStroup
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
            You're Mom sounds like a great woman! Congrats on you're build. SWFA tends to have a 20% off sale on the Friday after Thanksgiving every year. A FFP 3-15 should sell for around $560 that day. Or if you're looking for a MOA instead of Mil, you can get one slightly used from SWFA today
            http://www.samplelist.com/SWFA-SS-3-...-A-P98829.aspx
            She really is. Thanks for the tip. I would really love to get a Mil/Mil scope, but if that MOA/MOA is still there when i get the money i may buy it.

Comment

• MDStroup
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2016

I have a question for everyone. Since this is going to be a detected suppressed gun where is will be suppressed like 99% of the time after I build the suppressor, I think I am going to change the gas block to a SUP arms adjustable gas block down the road and get an Armageddon tactical GMS-15 gen 2 charging handle since my R.A.P.T.O.R hasn't shipped yet.

So my question is, has anyone used this combo before? If so, how well did it work? If you haven't but have used one part or the other can you give feed back on how it worked and if you liked it? If you have any suggestions for different parts that you think will work better, please feel free to post them up. I am always interested in others ideas.

Thank you to anyone that can give any feed back or ideas. An thank you for the kind words and tips so far.

Comment

Working...
              X