• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

the very finest barrel available,,,,,

so lets say you want the very finest barrel available in a 20 inch length. the very best. money is no object but i am not saying that NASA is going to get involved so actually lets not be rediculous, using the normal already in place manufactures of barrels and using normal barrel finishers what would be the very best barrel? 20 inch, best performance in both accuracy and longevity,,,,,whats the opinion?
  • Rickc
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

Bartlein, Kreiger, Brux

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

You are asking for opinions. My problem with that is they can be formed buy (for example) reading Internet forums.

I would be more interested in someone's opinion if they have actual ownership experience with their offering.

Kinda like this. I have a Bartlien and a Lilja, both 20" both with same muzzle break. At this point in my work ups, the Bartlien slightly out shoots the Lilja.

They are close, but if I had to pick one (of mine) it would be the Bartlien.
      Last edited by rabiddawg; 10-16-2016, 12:26 PM.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• SDet
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

From a pure design standpoint (even though they don't do grendel) I really like the proof research carbon barrels. I haven't been able to try one yet, but soon.

Comment

• SG4247
          Warrior
          • Aug 2013

Bartlien, Krieger, Hart, Lilja ... In that order. All four are very close.

I own many of each, so this has been my personal experiance.
          NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

AR or bolt?

The best barrel I've ever had was a Hart, in 7mm WSM.

All of the mentioned barrels will shoot very well, and each is exceptional. Among cut barrels, Bartlein and Hart, in my experience, are the most consistently excellent.

Among button barrels, Lilja and Shilen have been the best.

Cut barrels tend to last longer than button barrels in my experience, perhaps 20-30% longer in their accuracy lifetime.

Comment

Working...
            X