• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindreader1
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

Buffer / spring

Got my JP LW barrel in today along with the JP adjustable block and enhanced bolt. Does anyone have a suggestion on buffer system? Was thinking of JP SCS but it's so expensive compared to other options. Would a Tubb flat wire and a H2 do the trick as well? Or should i go a different route and get a Taccom ultralight weight?
  • Jtmbtech
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2016

Have not shot mine yet but I have the jp SCS. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I don't have any knowledge of the other springs you listed and have only used the standard rifle buffer and spring before I got a SCS so my experience is limited but I strongly feel there is nothing better then the SCS. Buy the H2 gen 2 version with the spring pack and you can tune the rifle even more.

Comment

• Rickc
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

I have the 18" lightweight JP Grendel barrel and bolt, the adjustable gas block and the silent capture H2. Runs like a top. Just started load development. I shot 10 rounds I loaded up with 123 Amax and 30 gr of CFE checking function and adjusting the gas block. Not even trying for extreme accuracy they were all within an 1" with 5 touching.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

I have that same barrel and with factory hornady it will do five rounds touching at 100 all day, well when I don't mess it up it will lol. Also have the JP gas block and it functions perfect with 123 amax and sat and 100 plus 120 grain NBT ammo loaded by PF.

Think I can even turn the gas down a lil more if I want to.
          The SCS is high priced but it is so much worth it.

Comment

• 1075 tech
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

Check out https://dsgarms.com/ They often have the SCS on sale. You have to create an account and sign in to see the sale price. You can sign up for emails from them. Also try slickguns.com from time to time to see who may have them at lower prices. I got mine last year from DSG for $109 IIRC.

Comment

• hikfromstik
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

Jp polished spring

Give the jp polished buffer spring . It's about $18-$20 . I also have the jp .936 adjustable low profile gas block . I still have it opened full gas . Shooting less than 1/2" moa @100yds. Its the gas block that requires a tap to thread the gas tube ( very upset with jp about this ) . Like everyone has a tiny bottoming tap laying around.

Comment

• Younger
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
                Give the jp polished buffer spring . It's about $18-$20 . I also have the jp .936 adjustable low profile gas block . I still have it opened full gas . Shooting less than 1/2" moa @100yds. Its the gas block that requires a tap to thread the gas tube ( very upset with jp about this ) . Like everyone has a tiny bottoming tap laying around.
                I installed a JPGS-9D two piece adjustable gas block and the instructions said that it "may be necessary" to use a 8-32 bottoming tap..I did not find it necessary to do so. The adjusting screw did not hit the gas tube and worked perfectly. Lucky I guess.

Comment

• Mindreader1
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2016

Is there a video that shows the adjustable block install? My block is the .750 variety since it's a light contour

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Should be a vid somewheres showing how to install a gas block. What model JP gas block did you get.

JP told me the gas block must be tight against the shoulder on their setups and for mine it was spot on with what they said.

Heres a few tips. Bed the gas tube into the gas block with blue locktite and then bed the gas block to the barrel with red locktite, it will seal up any gas leaks and help you set your gas lower when tuning the rifle.

You can do a search on these tips and get more info on it but it really does work.

Comment

• Rickc
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2016

Well I cheated. Had JP send me the gas tube and gas block already assembled. Red locktite? I am a tinkerer. Like to take things.apart. no red locktite for me

Comment

• Mindreader1
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2016

Getting back to the original point... yall would spend the $120 difference to get a jp scs h2 over the tubb spring plus h2 buffer?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Yes sir I would, like I said before I have only used the standard rifle spring and buffer before I installed the SCS so my experience is limited but the SCS is just much more better. And with the h2 gen 2 SCS with spring pack and adjustable gas block I was able to tune the gas system way down and still have perfect function with four different factory loads.

Comment

• Mindreader1
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                            Yes sir I would, like I said before I have only used the standard rifle spring and buffer before I installed the SCS so my experience is limited but the SCS is just much more better. And with the h2 gen 2 SCS with spring pack and adjustable gas block I was able to tune the gas system way down and still have perfect function with four different factory loads.
                            Awesome. Whats the main diff btw the gen 1 and gen 2? Looks like the latter are going for about 30$ cheaper.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

From what I read they changed the material the rod that the runs through the spring and the lil polymer end peice is a different size but they work the same. I have the gen 1 upgraded with the weights and spring kit, so basically it is now a gen 2.

They not only allow you to fine tune your gas more but makes the action run much smoother and no spring noise when you let off a round.

There should be some info on JP website to explain the difference better then I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X