X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim_bob
    Warrior
    • Jul 2014

AA, AIM, JSE Surplus, Primary Arms, Precision Firearms are where I try to buy parts. They all have great products and good customer service.

Comment

• D.Davis
      Warrior
      • Sep 2013

BFT, Remember Thanksgiving is coming and lots of sales with free shipping will show up. Dave

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Being a business owner, I realized a long time ago that we all have to make money to survive. I don't price shop my suppliers if they give me good service and the product performs.

I don't mind paying a bit more if I trust the vendor to supply the quality I want. For my Grendel parts it's Precision Firearms or Alexander Arms. I want those guys to stick around. I will get my thread protector one day when I order additional items.
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• RicosRevenge
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

My local Gun Shop is my first stop - and his prices are usually within line with websites.

After that, Midway, Brownells, JoeBob's, Ranier, etc...

I also go for quality parts over price point. I ain't made of money, but I would rather save a little longer and get what I really want.

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

I like to support my LGS, he's good, I don't want to see him go under, it's a tough way to make money, so he's my first stop.
            When I order online it's about quality not so much price. In my bookmarks:
            PF
            BCM
            MI
            PSA
            AA
            Rainier Arms
            Brownells
            YHM

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

If I have to buy from another company I buy from. Rainier Arms, Primary Arms, DSG Arms, JoeBobs and Weaponoutfitters and I also join the email alerts for sales from them. I made a seperate email account just for this so not to big down my regular email. Rainier Arms APEX program is 75.00 but you'd get that back and then some if you buy enough or if you buy certain items where you get a decent discount plus shipping.
              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cory
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2012

You can price shop for the quality parts. I've saved thousands price shopping. It has allowed me to have goodies I otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford. However, they are right about using parts manufactured by the fly by night companies.

All the good ones seemed to be mentioned. Strong Side Tactical I've recently found. They had the best prices on JP Tungsten weights and a spring pack.
                "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RicosRevenge View Post
                  I also go for quality parts over price point. I ain't made of money, but I would rather save a little longer and get what I really want.
                  This is also me, but as Cory said, I try to shop around for good prices on quality parts. Win-win.

I don't like to own lots of clutter. I like a few quality things that I really enjoy. Same for guns. Quality over quantity. On my Faxon 16 build, I ponied up for a $225 JP MkIII handguard. Heck, I spent $11 to get two stainless steel jam nuts for my muzzle device! Cuz that's what I want!

But my thinking on the bolt carrier was that a $50 generic bolt carrier would be just fine, and I'd pony up for a top-tier bolt from Alex Arms. Bill really is a stickler for quality and sound engineering.

To my way of thinking, sometimes parts is parts, but sometimes they ain't — and one needs to learn when the difference is critical. And then you just have to pay to get a certain performance level.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Retro
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2016

Built four Anderson 80% lowers and used Anderson uppers and have had no problems at all. Used a Bridgeport mill to do the machining so they all turned out like factory. Anderson uppers and lowers all come from the Cerro Foundry same as a lot of higher end companies. One of them was my first Grendel and I used an Odinworks 20" barrel, bolt, rifle length gas tube, gas block, foregrip and a RRA two stage trigger. I'm now tearing an Anderson build with a 24" fluted stainless barrel down to build another Grendel. I'm once again using an Odinworks 18" barrel, gas block, mid length gas tube and an Underground Tactical Grendel bolt. I'm going to put the bolt into an Anderson carrier and use the Anderson EXT fore grip and barrel nut. I'm cheap so I just use the mil-spec trigger and polish the surfaces then use a trigger adjustment screw (that I make and sell) to take up the travel and creep. Using the cheap trigger screw makes a world of difference in an inexpensive LPK.

Thanks you guys. My wife is pissed and I have to get odd jobs to support my new obsession with Grendels. I'm retired and am back to taking odd jobs welding for people. Guess that I'm lucky to have a skill that I can make enough money to build another gun when I feel like it. GRENDEL ROCKS!!!

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

This shows the problem with some out of spec BCG. I'm not saying cheaper ones are bad but problems can happen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDskhB-LUiE

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

I feel kind of boring... but we have been a dealer for Brownells for awile, and always had great luck with their AR parts. Nothing has returned defective in the past couple years, and their customer support is always great.

Comment

Working...
                        X