• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Odin Works Barrels

I have to apologize for an assumption I previously stated about Odin Works barrels. They've revised their web page to state loud and proud that they are selling 6.5 Grendel SAAMI spec chambers.

Good for them!
    Last edited by Drillboss; 11-17-2016, 12:46 AM.
  • King31
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2016

I wonder if anything has actually changed with the barrels? I just got mine about a month ago when they were still 6.5 G/LBC barrels. Still waiting on a few parts to put it all together.
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Call or e-mail them and ask. I could speculate some more, but that wouldn't help at all.

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

I emailed them weeks ago and no reply
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Retro
          Warrior
          • Jul 2016

I have an Odin 20" 6.5 LBC and when I was ordering it I emailed them and specifically asked if their barrels we SAAMI spec and they assured me that all of their chambers were to SAAMI spec. Since I've owned the barrel the only factory ammo the I've put thru it was some PPI but it got recalled. I shot it before the recall and had no issues with it. All other ammo is hand loads using new Hornady brass. The only problems that I've had have been too much COAL on some of my loads. I like the Grendel so much that I am taking one of my AR's apart and putting another Odin 18" barrel on it. I see one post that says they haven't answered an email. Every time that I've contact them I've heard back within a day or two. I'm actually not that great a shot and with the Odin barrel I'm able to shoot sub moa sometimes. The barrels good, me OK
          Last edited by Retro; 11-18-2016, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• diddlyv
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

Mine is clearly marked with an LBC but given it eats factory just fine and shoot sub MOA with 123 SST factory I see no problem but then I am a pragmatic heretic!!!!

Game and Targets don't care!!! Back in my hi power days many of the top shooters (high masters all) asked for min spec chambers tight necks and throats.

If they are now using sammi grendel chamber great.

I am not going to avail myself of their you don't like it send it back just to get SAMMI spec. They promised sub moa I got sub moa.

Just checked the website They have sammi spec on all but the 20 inch kits that are labeled 6.5 gendel/ LBC and both of those items are out of stock. I may have received the last of the mohicans with the 6.5 grendel / lbc barrel in OCT
            Last edited by diddlyv; 11-18-2016, 03:30 AM. Reason: Additional info
            Queen of Battle
            Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• gmar
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2015

What kind of accuracy is everyone getting out of their Odin barrels?

Comment

• diddlyv
                Warrior
                • Aug 2016

First 3 groups from mine .750 . 825 .750 at 100 using 123 SST factory, This was after shooting a box of wolf and a few SST just to tune the gas port from a brand new barrel. Was using a stock CMMG trigger. Very smooth but a bit on the heavy side. The rifle may shoot better with additional rounds going down range. Am shifting gears right now and getting ready to develop loads for my Krag, 03 Springfield, and some 45-70s for Winter Range Long Range competition. Will work on the grendel again after February.
                Queen of Battle
                Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                X