• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mav714
    Bloodstained
    • May 2016

Home for the 50 Beowulf too!

I picked up an upper of the mysterious 50 Beowulf this past summer. I have it on a Rock River lower. Using factory 325gr Rainer HP it is a blast to shoot. I'm using a EoTech as a sight. It kicks like a 16/12 ga shotgun. Took a little time to wear my gun in but it functioned perfectly after 20 reds.
    Loading the brass makes me think of reloading artillary shells. 34+ grains of Lil Gun is a blast.
    Friends have asked me what I was planning on using it for. Hunting I told them T-Rex!! Of course. I'd like to whack some pigs with it for sure.
    Hopefully any other owners of the 50 will join in on the discussion or those interested.
  • strong11
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

I Beowulf

I put one together with a Stoner barrel a few years ago, you're right they are a blast to shoot. Reminds me I need to get the thing out a pop a deer with it!

Comment

• pinetreebbs
      Warrior
      • Nov 2013

Not just yet an owner of a 50 Beowulf upper, but I have accumulated several boxes of 50 Beowulf ammunition from some auction buys. I figured if I had the ammunition the upper would come. I've been eyeing a Radical Firearms 12.7mm upper.

Comment

• Unclered
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

I have had one for 7 yrs and reload for it. It became legal to deer hunt in lwr mi 2 yrs ago. shoots just over moa and I love it. Mine is on an AA on a Noveske lwr w/a leopold 1.5 x 4. And a pepper pot break & a sorbathane pad. I can help w/ loading info
        "It's a long shot with a limb in the way but it beats suckin' pond water"- Jed Clampit 1964

Comment

Working...
        X