• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt @ LSI
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

My 6.5 grendel gas gun build

_MG_7533-HDR by matt , on Flickr

Since ive had alot of exposure to the grendel as of late, i decided to build a gas gun for this awesome little cartridge.

Upper is based around an 18" AA fluted barrel, silencer co asr mount. SLR adjustable gas block, DPMS slick side upper, DD 15" slim rail.

Lower is my 3 gun setup- lancer arms lower, ACE stock with the jp silent capture, ELF trigger .

Scope is our new Nikko stirling FFP scope.

from what ive researched, this barrel is a 1-7.7 twist. i has some factory hornady 123gr a max to burn through before i start developing a load for it. (if anyone has a good starting point for this barrel let me know)

ill be running this guy at some med-range rifle events and maybe a 3 gun nation long range event if i can get to one this year.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Hell yeah! That's a damn nice looking setup! Everything I've read says the 18" AA barrels are shooters.. I'm interested in that scope for the price point as well.. Have you shot factory ammo through it yet?

Comment

• Frank45
      Warrior
      • Mar 2016

Looking good. I'm looking at the SLR adjustable blocks too. just trying to figure out if I can get it to fit. Congrats!

Comment

• Joseph5
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

I really like my SLR gas block. I got a clamp on model and ended up having to trim my Wilson Combat handgaurd a little bit for everything to work. I believe SLR has the dimensions of the different models of gas blocks on there website as do most handgaurd manufacturers. You should be able to figure out which gas block/handgaurd combo will work before buying.

Comment

• jim_bob
          Warrior
          • Jul 2014

Nice looking rifle! How does it shoot?

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

HECK YA!!! Nice set-up, let us know how you do with that rifle?? Good luck to ya... BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

so i went out today to do the break in, forgot my allens to adjust the gas block...i had one SWEET single shot ar. : )
              first group at the end of break-in was right at 1 moa with factory hornady 123gr a max. hopefully ill have a little time before shot show to get out and dial it in.
              thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
              X