• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahillock
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

New release JP Enterprises enhanced 6.5 Grendel extractor

Saw this new release. Is this something really needed? I haven't had any issues yet.
  • SG4247
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

I may be partially to blame for them releasing this product.

After breaking several Grendel extractors in competition guns, I talked (begged) JP into selling just the extractor only.

They were originally only offered with thier bolt, but after convincing JP that I had them on brand X bolts with great results, they later agreed to sell me extractors individually.

I glad they offer it. It is bullet proof!
    NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• ahillock
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by SG4247 View Post
      I glad they offer it. It is bullet proof!
      Thanks for the info. Good to know. Which extractors were you breaking in your competition guns so that I know which ones to avoid in the future?

Comment

• PredatorDown
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

I've broken 2 JP extractors in my barrel with 4500 rounds through it. First one broke after 3k rounds or so on a very cold morning.

The second one that broke was mostly my fault. I had a stuck case (that I still attribute to bad Hornady factory ammo). The action initially cycled but didn't grab the stuck case. Rather than be smart and wait till I got home to knock it out with a cleaning rod, I slammed the bolt home and tried to pull it out with the charging handle. Something had to give, and unfortunately that something was the extractor.

In both instances JP warranted the extractor free of charge. I even explained to them on the second one that it was my fault and I would be happy to pay for it, they declined my offer and sent the replacement out the next day. All they asked for were pictures of the broken extractors with the serial number so they could keep it for their records

Comment

• Grendel
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by PredatorDown View Post
          I've broken 2 JP extractors in my barrel with 4500 rounds through it. First one broke after 3k rounds or so on a very cold morning.

The second one that broke was mostly my fault. I had a stuck case (that I still attribute to bad Hornady factory ammo). The action initially cycled but didn't grab the stuck case. Rather than be smart and wait till I got home to knock it out with a cleaning rod, I slammed the bolt home and tried to pull it out with the charging handle. Something had to give, and unfortunately that something was the extractor.

In both instances JP warranted the extractor free of charge. I even explained to them on the second one that it was my fault and I would be happy to pay for it, they declined my offer and sent the replacement out the next day. All they asked for were pictures of the broken extractors with the serial number so they could keep it for their records
          What is the barrel and gas system length?

Comment

• robertc1024
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by PredatorDown View Post

Dang. That is some good customer service.

Comment

• Niles Coyote
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

There customer service is great. I had the same experience but with my 6.5 creedmoor and a JP high pressure bolt. The extractor snappedand JP replaced it free of charge.

Comment

• PredatorDown
                Warrior
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Grendel View Post
                What is the barrel and gas system length?

22" JP barrel/bolt combo with rifle length gas system

Comment

• Grendel
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

I'm looking at the YouTube comments and they say its go to go for type l and type ll bolts. How is that possible?

Comment

• SG4247
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
                    Thanks for the info. Good to know. Which extractors were you breaking in your competition guns so that I know which ones to avoid in the future?
                    Les Baer 264 LBC bolt and extractors...

In one rifle - the first one broke at 500 rounds, the second replacement LBC extractor broke at 125 rounds later after the first failure. Two failures in 625 rounds.

I not yet broken a JP. Several of the JP extractors in my guns are at 2-3K rounds with no issues.
                    Last edited by SG4247; 01-06-2017, 03:25 AM.
                    NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• ahillock
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by SG4247 View Post
                      Les Baer 264 LBC bolt and extractors...
                      264 LBC bolt I take = 0.125 bolt face? I have only used 0.136 bolts, the only true Grendel bolts and have had only good luck. That could be your problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X