• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burtj
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

Input on Grendel upper.

So I'm looking to get a Grendel and have been looking at the jse surplus uppers, specifically the 18" stainless hbar and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with one.

I've never owned a 6.5 Grendel but have been very interested in getting/building one. I'm in a budget so I'm looking for s complete upper including bcg for around $600 or less. So I'm open to suggestions.
  • ahillock
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Burtj View Post
    So I'm looking to get a Grendel and have been looking at the jse surplus uppers, specifically the 18" stainless hbar and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with one.

I've never owned a 6.5 Grendel but have been very interested in getting/building one. I'm in a budget so I'm looking for s complete upper including bcg for around $600 or less. So I'm open to suggestions.

Wolf and Anderson both have complete uppers with BCG that will fit your budget b

Comment

• kpswihart
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Hey Burt,

I just asked a similar question about that specific barrel in the build section. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the other thread as useful info may turn up in both. Hopefully we'll get some info shortly.

Kelly

Comment

• Burtj
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2016

ahillock - I have seen the wolf and Anderson uppers, both sound like decent uppers but I was really wanting an hbar or bull barrel. This is going to be a coyote/long range steel rifle. I know at my price point I'm not going to be getting a precision rifle but a barrel upgrade will be something I'm planning in the future

kpswihart - I will keep an eye on that thread for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Thank you both for the help so far.

Comment

• mdram
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

check hardened arms also, they have some in that price range, bull barrel up sit a bit
          just some targets for printing
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I'm a member of a Facebook group where a couple of members have bought 6.5 Grendels from JSE and they like them.

Comment

• Burtj
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
              I'm a member of a Facebook group where a couple of members have bought 6.5 Grendels from JSE and they like them.
              What Facebook groups is that if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

Got a smokin' $450 deal pre-Christmas from Primary Arms on a Radical Firearms 24" complete upper including a CH & nitrided BCG with a 'MP' marked bolt. PA & Joe Bob's will put the RF uppers on sale 3-4 times a year if you have the time &/or patience... 4x 5x sub-MOA groups @ 300yds last week with factory 123gr A-Max. But, doesn't like the 100gr Wolf too much, 2.5-3" groups @ 100yds... All in all, I'm VERY impressed with the RF quality at this price point!
                Last edited by AZHTfreak; 01-04-2017, 07:48 PM.
                DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

What Facebook groups is that if you don't mind my asking?
                  6.5 Grendel Brotherhood.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Price is intriguing but if no one wants to put their name on it... I would be leary.

Comment

• jim_bob
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2014

JSE builds many of the the 6.5 grendel uppers they sell. There have been decent reviews on their 6.5 grendel uppers on this site. I do not have personal experience with their uppers, but I have had great experiences when I have done business with them. I would not hesitate to buy one of their uppers.

Comment

• Burtj
                        Unwashed
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by jim_bob View Post
                        JSE builds many of the the 6.5 grendel uppers they sell. There have been decent reviews on their 6.5 grendel uppers on this site. I do not have personal experience with their uppers, but I have had great experiences when I have done business with them. I would not hesitate to buy one of their uppers.
                        Thanks for the help. I am planning on visiting JSE's shop next weekend and picking up and upper.

Comment

• diddlyv
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2016

AZ your rifle likes wolf about as much as mine do. As an aside I just had to jump on the $39 Anderson Billet lower from primary arms and the SOTA $59 Stripped Upper not sure what I will do with those. Am considering and act of heresy and getting an 18 inch 5.56 barrel. Save my soul please!!!!
                          Queen of Battle
                          Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                          X