• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christopher67
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
    they are the .136 bolt. No saami specs on the bolt. But the standard for AA and really any saami spec chamber will be .136 bolt. But the chamber is not saami. Its the grendel 2 chamber which does away with the compound throat. Some reports say that with factory ammo the Grendel 2 chambers don't get nearly as much velocity. On the other hand many say that with the grendel 2 chamber and loading out further allowing more speed in handloads.
    I thought i read that the Type II chamber is made up & its either SAAMI spec or its not, someone correct me IF im wrong.

Comment

• pajasonc
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Christopher67 View Post
      I thought i read that the Type II chamber is made up & its either SAAMI spec or its not, someone correct me IF im wrong.
      I think they are saying its only a 6.5 grendel if its the saami chamber. Otherwise its some bastardized chamber.
      Its not made up because there are quite a few people chambering firearms in it. It is the grendel chamber without a compound throat. Some say its no different. Some say its not as good, while others say its better. But the chamber exist and is being sold in pretty large quantities

Comment

• pajasonc
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Its kind of funny the 6.8 spc kind of went through the same thing. spc1 then spc2 now everyone uses spc2. Thankfully the 6.5 grendel and all the variants can safely fire 6.5 grendel ammo! Thats not the case with the 6.8 which is why everyone loads the 6.8 at spc1 levels.

Comment

• Downtownjbrown13
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2017

I'm thinking about ordering one so please keep us updated how you like it.

Comment

• dgunnut
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2016

I put a quick video together last night and posted it. I am going to start another thread titled specific to this Grendelhunter.com upper and post the link there.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
              Its kind of funny the 6.8 spc kind of went through the same thing. spc1 then spc2 now everyone uses spc2. Thankfully the 6.5 grendel and all the variants can safely fire 6.5 grendel ammo! Thats not the case with the 6.8 which is why everyone loads the 6.8 at spc1 levels.
              That was a totally different series of events.

6.5 Grendel chamber was developed after well over $10k in different reamers were tested across hundreds of barrels. The final chamber design that went into production has always been sound, and passed SAAMI certification without a hitch.

The 6.8 SPC chamber that went to SAAMI from Remington had some major flaws in it that should have never made it through if you ask many who have followed it, whereas others have said that the chamber was fine, but since people wanted more muzzle velocity, they weren't happy. Compounded with some initial run of Kotonics chrome-lined barrels, and SSA Combat loads, and guns were kabooming like never had been seen before in the AR15.

There were several different reamer designs for the 6.8x43 before SAAMI, one for more speed, and one for accuracy known as the "Murray DMR".

This grumble II business is fueled by laziness and unwillingness to comply with SAAMI, in my perspective, which is typical even in 5.56 NATO, .223 Rem, and .308 reamers from the same source as grumble II. I've had wonderful barrels reamed with what was supposed to be a .223 Wylde reamer or gas gun .308 reamer that would blow primers with factory ammunition left and right. Those reamers came from the same tool maker who concocted the Grumble II.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Aged1
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2017

Deep into the decision process......

Visited Grendelhunter.com site...nice job. Discovered they offer a military discount, so sent a note requesting info...
                In my military history we transitioned from flint to percussion to...just kidding...
                M1 in basic, (Sept 1959) Carbine in Ordinance and Signal Corps.. Berlin Germany (Feb 1961.- Sept 1962) started with carbine then one day a wall then one day every soldier got a brand new M14.
                Somehow I need this 6.5 Grendel to kill some hogs, etc. Hand load at my place, shoot from porch 😃 Other shoot locations out to 200 yards.
                Stay tuned...glad to find this forum and sort out decision.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

Any more reviews of Grendel Hunter uppers?
                  I am looking at the SS 18" Upper version.
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• rmiller107
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2018

looking to coordinate a group buy for a complete upper if anyone is interested

Gauging interest from folks for doing a group buy for a complete upper. Looking at one of these: DS Arms with Odin Works components (https://www.dsarms.com/p-16456-dsa-ar15-match-series-65-grendel-upper-receiver-assembly-with-18-ss-barrel.aspx) Grendel Hunter (https://www.grendelhunter.com/product/18f-6-5-grendel/) LaRue

Comment

• jackwagon
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by dgunnut View Post
                      I now have one order. Supposed to be here in a few days. Will put out a video when I get it.
                      There is another member with a grendelhunter upper. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...and-its-a-2fer!

Comment

Working...
                      X