• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lwminton
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

GrendelHunter.com

I was asked by a friend what I thought of this builder, but I did not have any experience.

I didn't recognize the barrel makers listed. Any help form the Horde?
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

There is already a couple posts and a you tube review posted here on the site. Just use the search button and you can find it.

Comment

• lwminton
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

That's all I needed - thanks.

Comment

• pajasonc
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by lwminton View Post
        That's all I needed - thanks.
        Bottom line is the uppers seem to be well made and the owner will respond to questions quickly. Its not a saami chambered gun. It is a saturn/liberty barrel that has the grendel 2 chamber.

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
          Bottom line is the uppers seem to be well made and the owner will respond to questions quickly. Its not a saami chambered gun. It is a saturn/liberty barrel that has the grendel 2 chamber.
          Is that bad?
          I am looking at a 18" Complete upper..... I see the Grendel Hunter model and like the looks but, would like to hear more.
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Crusty
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

I have one and it's a good upper except that the gas port on my Satern Liberty 18" barrel is huge (.093") which resulted in ejection issues with Hornady (but not Wolf) ammo because my action cycled insanely fast. I finally tamed it with a variety of tweaks: reshaped extractor lip, heavier buffer and an adjustable gas block were the big ones. To his credit, the builder Andy pressed me several times to send it back for him to diagnose and correct but I like to work on them so I did it all myself.

I also think that the Maxim bolt I purchased with it was to blame for occasional light strikes (interior FP channel catching the FP) and I recommend an Alexander hard use bolt instead. I added a 7.62x39 enhanced FP (slightly longer) to eliminate light strikes and it did for 98% of them.

But Andy stands behind his rifles and he'll take care of any issues that crop up.
            I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

Working...
            X