• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trumpet
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

"other" SAAMI barrels...

Ok,
    At the risk of being told "use the search feature", I was wondering what (if any) experiences other members here have had with some of the "other" barrel makers? I'm looking at building up my first Grendel rifle with an emphasis on precision. I'm looking for something in the 18"-20" and in the $300-ish and under range as this will be a precision range toy. Anyone have experience/data on the following....

Sons of Liberty Gun Works
    DEZ tactical
    X-caliber
    Underground Tactical
    APF Alex Pro
    Last edited by Trumpet; 03-02-2017, 04:39 PM.
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

odin works is in that price range also, have seen several members use it
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Trumpet
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

Forgot to add Alex Pro

Comment

• Btrip94
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2016

I ordered a 18" hbar x-caliber barrel back in January when they had the cryo process on sale. It should hopefully be here next month, then I can give some feedback.

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

FAXON group buy both going on right now (18&20) and if they shoot like the 16 they are more than good to go and worth the wait. BANG BANG!!

This was not on the list but should have been???

Comment

• Trumpet
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

Also looking at the AA 18", but my concern is it says "lite". How light is "lite"? I lean towards HBAR-ish type target kind of barrels. Will the AA heat up too quickly etc? Is it more of a "hunter" type barrel?

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

Becareful some of these places say they are saami chamber. But they're realty .264 lbc with a .136 bolt, so I ask for a reamer drawing or ask some questions that will help me decide.
              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Trumpet
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2016

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                Becareful some of these places say they are saami chamber. But they're realty .264 lbc with a .136 bolt, so I ask for a reamer drawing or ask some questions that will help me decide.
                Like what?

Comment

• SDet
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2016

Sons of liberty are good guys. I'm planning to pick up my next grendel barrel from them. My odin works shoots great, but it's pretty overgassed with their intermediate system. Not a problem normally, but with a suppressor I still can't get it to run 100%

Comment

• 37L1
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
                    Also looking at the AA 18", but my concern is it says "lite". How light is "lite"? I lean towards HBAR-ish type target kind of barrels. Will the AA heat up too quickly etc? Is it more of a "hunter" type barrel?
                    "Lite" just means it's fluted. You won't have to worry about heating up the barrel too quickly more than any other barrel. I've got a 16" lite by AA and the thing shoots. Well within your $300 range.

Comment

I don't have experience with X-Caliber in a 6.5G, but I can tell you that they make really nice barrels. I have an X-Caliber 45 caliber in a bolt gun, a 223 in an AR15, and I just received a 7mm-08 large format AR barrel from them a couple of weeks ago. They are well machined, very accurate, and the hand lapped bores look great. They will set headspace to your stripped bolt for $10 extra.

Comment

• Trumpet
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2016

X-Caliber just confirmed Grendel with compound throat and .300 neck.

Comment

Working...
                        X