• Lightstrider
    Bloodstained
    • May 2017

How much does your setup weigh in at?

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

It's too bad the "M4" contour is seeping into the Grendel world... that profile is made for a 14.5" and a grenade launcher. For a 16" I'd much prefer a mid length gas tube and a smooth profile without the random M4 cut. The M4 contour was made for those who want a non-NFA M4 look-alike.

Comment

• kevperro
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by 41bear View Post
        I've followed your build with interest because I too have the Grendel bug while also favoring a budget build.

My barrel is an Anderson 5R 1/8 16 inch phosphate bought from LIMITLESS, Odin 6.5 Grendel bcg, Matrix 13 incher I had lying around (51.00). Will use CH off of other uppers so all I need to shoot are Mags and ammo.

My shooting date is around mid July and will post results then.
        Yea... the budget has been blown. ;-) I ended up buying Go/No Go headspace gauges and then of course I HAD to get the tool to lap my upper and the crows foot to torque my barrel nut..... oh... .then I needed a new vice because my old one just wasn't nice enough and I had to build a new bench.... because the old one was too small.

It is a slippery slope.

Comment

• kevperro
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
          Surely you know your flash hider needs to be turned another 180 degrees. Hopefully it serves you well!
          Yes... I know. I had just hand-assembled all of that to get a picture when the parts arrived. It is now installed with the crush washer and indexed appropriately.

Comment

• kevperro
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
            It's too bad the "M4" contour is seeping into the Grendel world... that profile is made for a 14.5" and a grenade launcher. For a 16" I'd much prefer a mid length gas tube and a smooth profile without the random M4 cut. The M4 contour was made for those who want a non-NFA M4 look-alike.
            If I had my druthers I would have bought a pencil lightweight profile. When you are a bottom-feeder you have to make some concessions and the M4 profile was not heavy and didn't materially interfere with anything I wanted. I'll soon see how it shoots and if I "regret" not just buying the Alexander Arms barrel.

Comment

• kevperro
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Lightstrider View Post
              How much does your setup weigh in at?
              Just over six pounds without my scope and without a magazine. The E-lander magazines are pretty hefty and my scope and mount are another pound. The bi-pod is another 11-12 ounces but the thing is short enough that it doesn't feel bad even when fully dressed. I'm only humping it to the range so I guess it isn't all that important.

Comment

• ah1whiskey
                Warrior
                • Sep 2015

i've got one 16" that is a m4 profile i got from JT/double star last year on sale it is one in 9" twist and it is a real 'hog-buster". i also have a couple pinned 14"s. the grendel seems like it don't care much either way.

i don't think the m4s port location is a problem on it cause the 6.5 is another pressure map compared to the 5.56 rounds we were busting.

Comment

• shittyshot84
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2016

Kevperro,
                  How was the accuracy out of this M4 barrel?... I was curious because I am looking at the same barrel for a light weight hunting build. I already have a Spinta 20" type 1 with bolt. It shoot great but a lil heavy..

Comment

• shittyshot84
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2016

Whats the accuracy out of that barrel?

Comment

Working...
                    X