• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
    Mateba,

So I bought a Wilson barrel from JSE in Nov 16 and now I'm just not sure which bolt it's supposed to take. Do you have any info on when they made the switch? I contacted JSE and they said it takes .125 but I'm just not sure whether they're taking into account that I purchased the barrel 5 months ago and things may have changed. I can't find any contact info for Wilson. Any help you can provide would be MUCH appreciated!
    Chris here is a link to the Wilson Arms contact page. Wilson Arms sell a lot of very accurate barrels to several rifle companies and many times the actual barrel supplier is not identified. Wilson will manufacture barrels to their customers specification but generally only produce barrels in large quantities to manufactures or retailers.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Mateba - just saw your scope / mount combo. Below is my 22 Nosler with the Aero extended mount and a Vortex Viper HS LR 2.5-10x32 set in the most forward position possible. I get my head farther forward with the ARFX than you probably will with a carbine stock. My iPad isn't cooperating, but you can see what an Aero SPR with a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50 looks like on my Stealth Grey Precision build thread. Puts the eyebox of a much bigger scope in the same position.
      Attached Files
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• mateba
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
        Mateba - just saw your scope / mount combo. Below is my 22 Nosler with the Aero extended mount and a Vortex Viper HS LR 2.5-10x32 set in the most forward position possible. I get my head farther forward with the ARFX than you probably will with a carbine stock. My iPad isn't cooperating, but you can see what an Aero SPR with a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50 looks like on my Stealth Grey Precision build thread. Puts the eyebox of a much bigger scope in the same position.
        That's a great photo. Would you prefer scope/mount further forward if there was room?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

I have the aero extended mount with a diamondback hp 4-16 on mine and I have the mount set as far forward as possible and it puts the eye box perfect with my moe fixed rifle stock.

I can get a pic of it if you would like.

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Originally posted by mateba View Post
            That's a great photo. Would you prefer scope/mount further forward if there was room?
            It's fine where it is. I have to back off a tad when I settle in, but the stock is a tad shorter than and adjustable setup. The scope also has a relatively forgiving eyebox
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• mateba
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
              I have the aero extended mount with a diamondback hp 4-16 on mine and I have the mount set as far forward as possible and it puts the eye box perfect with my moe fixed rifle stock.

I can get a pic of it if you would like.
              If you it isn't any trouble. But, if you can't I'll be fine. Thank you for the offer and thank you for the input. Whats the LOP on your moe fixie?

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
              It's fine where it is. I have to back off a tad when I settle in, but the stock is a tad shorter than and adjustable setup. The scope also has a relatively forgiving eyebox
              Thank you for sharing, it really helps.

Been thinking about what Klem and Chrazy-Chris said about muzzle devices. I found a MI .30 call flash-comp for $50 but I haven't found any info on it yet. https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...fType=&from=fn It's at least cheaper even though it might not weight any less. I did also see some titanium birdcage FH on DSA arms' website for $30 but they are in 1/2-28 and would need to be drilled and tapped. Which, I can't do myself. too bad. Most of the other options I came across did not seem all that inspiring. Like, V7 Ti birdcage for $100. And, most thread protectors at $20-30. So, I'm thinking about my muzzle device choice if any of you have had some fantastic experiences with a product that's <3.7oz and <$110, I'm all ears. thanks

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
                Warrior
                • Aug 2015

If you it isn't any trouble. But, if you can't I'll be fine. Thank you for the offer and thank you for the input. Whats the LOP on your moe fixie?

Thank you for sharing, it really helps.

Been thinking about what Klem and Chrazy-Chris said about muzzle devices. I found a MI .30 call flash-comp for $50 but I haven't found any info on it yet. https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...fType=&from=fn It's at least cheaper even though it might not weight any less. I did also see some titanium birdcage FH on DSA arms' website for $30 but they are in 1/2-28 and would need to be drilled and tapped. Which, I can't do myself. too bad. Most of the other options I came across did not seem all that inspiring. Like, V7 Ti birdcage for $100. And, most thread protectors at $20-30. So, I'm thinking about my muzzle device choice if any of you have had some fantastic experiences with a product that's <3.7oz and <$110, I'm all ears. thanks
                My recommendation, if you choose to go the thread protector route (I'm happy I did)- is to wait until you get the barrel in so you can measure the width and length of thread protector that will fit your barrel best. My barrel had especially long threads so I was happy I had it in front of me to measure off of and order one that would cover all the threads as well as match the width of that portion of my barrel. I went with this one for $10 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

There are a lot on Amazon of all sizes, thread patterns, and styles. I just searched 5/8-24 thread protector.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

The length of the moe fixed rifle stock is just a hair shorter then a A2 stock, but it can use the prs buttpads so you can change them out an go a lil shorter are longer lop by changing the buttpad.

I will post you a pic of the mount and scope first thing tommorw morning just got out the woods.

Comment

• mateba
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2017

Thanks for the suggestions on thread protectors. I saw this on ARP. http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/2121/22504 Is there a general opinion on this guy's reputation?

I got my BUIS in last night. https://www.ozarkarmament.com/collec...ghts-for-ar-15 The button push is a little tight on them but that might ease up. Other than that they weight 3.7oz together, have a nice finish, are adjustable for windage and elevation and cost me $24 shipped from ozark's website. Ozark says these are milled from aluminum but not which type. These weight as much as other sights that I would trust more at face value like, aero precision. These are just too cheap to express any criticism at this point. If they fall off on their own or can't hold zero I'll say otherwise.

Are peel washer shims better than standard shims or is there an appropriate time to use one or the other? For barrel nuts? For muzzle devices?
                    Last edited by mateba; 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Drillboss
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2015

Thanks for the suggestions on thread protectors. I saw this on ARP. http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/2121/22504 Is there a general opinion on this guy's reputation?
                      Seems like I remember seeing something the other day. Check post #6 on this thread:

Anyone have any experience with this company / barrel? The only comments I could find on them were from 6.8 SPC boards. They have a love fest with the company and their barrels which is great, but, well, they're guys that are in love with 6.8 SPC..... :rolleyes:

Comment

• Lastrites
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

Well we all know what opinions are similar too, personally I am not a fan and that said I have seen extremely good barrels and bolts from him and a few that left a lot to be desired. I speak as former 6.eight person who was in it from the beginning.

Comment

• mateba
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2017

LOL that's awful. Thanks for the heads up fellas.
                          Last edited by mateba; 04-27-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

Here is the aero extended with diamondback hp 4-16x42 and magpul moe fixed rifle stock.

Comment

• mateba
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                              Here is the aero extended with diamondback hp 4-16x42 and magpul moe fixed rifle stock.
                              Thank you A5.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2015

Hey no problem hope it helped.

Some might not like how I have it set up but it works perfect for me and is balanced perfectly as well with the scope mounted like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X