• flyfish13
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2018

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Smokin' deal!
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• AZHTfreak
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by flyfish13 View Post
        Thanks for all the great info in this thread! As a result, I just ordered a Larue FDE UU with matching lower this morning. Question, being new to AR building, I ordered the UU un-assembled so I could get the experience of assembling an AR. Since all the entire AR is coming from Larue should I go ahead and have the upper assembled and then "cut my teeth" on a future build?
        Gave them a call yesterday. CSR says ~4-8 weeks for the upper, my CC was charged immediately. Matching lower, he says maybe ~4-6 months, but won't charge the CC until it ships to my FFL. I'm in no rush, been waiting this long. I did confirm it's a 1/8 twist, but he'd neither confirm nor deny any other specs... Yes, have LaRue assemble it!
        DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

4-8 weeks on the upper, 4-6 months on the lower??? Did PF Take over Larue?
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• flyfish13
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by AZHTfreak View Post
            Gave them a call yesterday. CSR says ~4-8 weeks for the upper, my CC was charged immediately. Matching lower, he says maybe ~4-6 months, but won't charge the CC until it ships to my FFL. I'm in no rush, been waiting this long. I did confirm it's a 1/8 twist, but he'd neither confirm nor deny any other specs... Yes, have LaRue assemble it!
            Told me the same time table......I'm hoping the lower will take less than 4-6 months......that's crazy long.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

I'm guessing all the CNC Elves are cranking out MBTs... No big for me on the loooong lead-time, I'll just slap it on another till LaRue's unobtainium-rhinoceros-foreskin lower shows up.
              Last edited by AZHTfreak; 12-21-2018, 07:18 PM.
              DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

The MBT's are in a separate warehouse room from the videos I've seen.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rebby
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2017

I was told 4-8 weeks on my upper as well and it shipped a day or two later. Of course, your mileage may vary. I bought mine on the first day of the “free assembly” sale last month and, despite being perfectly capable myself, I let LaRue put it together anyway (I was curious about the LaRue quality build that has been spoken of so highly, I can always do a rebuild). I don’t recall the specific date but my upper was assembled long before I ordered it. My lower, on the other hand, is quite a while out. I talked with LaRue support about it shortly after my order and was told that the stripped lowers take second priority as compared to their complete guns (makes sense to me). At the rate that they’re selling their complete guns, they don’t have much additional capacity to fill these orders.

As AZHTfreak mentioned, I’m sure that a lot of capacity is dedicated to MBTs at the moment. My recent trigger orders have all been roughly a month out. Based on various threads on ARFCOM, I’m not the only one either. Now Mark is dead set on starting a “handguard war” as well. I predict any shred of additional capacity getting dedicated to this effort instead of ramping up lower production.

In the end, Mark’s stuff is always top notch so it’s worth the wait.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

Well, they changed the UU order status to GTG today. And I got a tracking number for the 204 and the E Lander mags ordered with it! Sadly no MBT included for my 12in. Lazy damn Leander elves... Hope Springs Eternal for the UUGrrr!
                    Last edited by AZHTfreak; 12-23-2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

My latest MBT was ordered on 11/17, and shipped on 12/4. (Still waiting to assemble it into its final home.) As 2-stage triggers go, it is impossible to beat, for the money spent.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rebby
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2017

Well, they changed the UU order status to GTG today. And I got a tracking number for the 204 and the E Lander mags ordered with it! Sadly no MBT included for my 12in. Lazy damn Leander elves... Hope Springs Eternal for the UUGrrr!
                        If you need an MBT sooner than LaRue can get it to you shoot me a PM. I have a few on hand and would be happy to ship one your way. No cost, just promise to ship one back to me when LaRue does get one to you.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2017

Rebby thank you for your generous offer. My work schedule through the end of Jan wont even let me think of getting out to the desert. About the time I come up for air, the MBT should be here. Members like you are what make this forum so very good! Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the horde!!!

Comment

• meatsweats
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by rebby View Post
                            If you need an MBT sooner than LaRue can get it to you shoot me a PM. I have a few on hand and would be happy to ship one your way. No cost, just promise to ship one back to me when LaRue does get one to you.
                            Helluva offer!!
                            What a guy!!
                            MS

Comment

• rebby
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2017

Rebby thank you for your generous offer. My work schedule through the end of Jan wont even let me think of getting out to the desert. About the time I come up for air, the MBT should be here. Members like you are what make this forum so very good! Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the horde!!!
                              Thanks! Let me know if anything changes. Have a great Christmas!!!

Comment

• revaew
                                Unwashed
                                • May 2018

My larue lower shipped about 5 months after I bought it.

Comment

Working...
                                X