• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

CMMG 6.5 Grendel

Another manufacture has joined in production of 6.5 Grendel AR-15's! I just saw today that CMMG has joined the 6.5 Grendel community.

• LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

That has the Anvil receiver set and BCG, with a much larger bolt. Very interesting development.

That's a similar size to the Mutant 7.62x39 rifle they have, but with a lower that takes AR15 mags.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• m796rider
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

Wow, that's cool. Wish CMMG would open up the mag well a tad to allow the use of something like the Six8 PMAGs... Certainly the receiver set is capable of such!

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Mutant Grendel is here.

CMMG is now making the Mutant in 6.5 Grendel. https://www.cmmginc.com/product-cate...s/6-5-grendel/

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Excellent news - here is a thread consolidation link...

Another manufacture has joined in production of 6.5 Grendel AR-15's! I just saw today that CMMG has joined the 6.5 Grendel community. https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/rifles/6-5-grendel/
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2016

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

I missed the other thread, thanks.

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Wow very very interesting!

I have very little experience with these, but based on reviews and write ups, it seems the Anvil is a solid rifle, but wasn't the mutant very quirky with all kinds of issues in the 7.62x39? I only remember reading this when it was first released however long ago... is this still the case or did they get it straightened out?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

Shades of the Remington R15 30 AR (https://rifleshooter.com/2011/07/rif...r-model-60100/)

Hornady 6.5mm Grendel 123-gr ELD Match, MV - 2580 fps (24" BBL), BC - 0.506

(https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/r...-match-black#!)

CMMG, thank you for seeing the light!

Comment

• Kilco
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2016

OFF-TOPIC!! But I just picked up a 30 Rem AR! What a beast!! 110 TAC-TX at 3100fps! Whitetail laser beam.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2012

while i am all more more grendel proliferation a 16" mutant grendel rifle weighs 8.4 pounds a 16" ar10 platform weighs 8.4 pounds https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10-tactical-16/ so whats the gain

While the mutant is stronger your not gaining any case length with the ak mag so you cant really fit anymore powder so its still not viable turn a grendel into a 260 deal which is a foolish pipe dream anyway so if your going to carry the same wight as a ar10 why not just carry an ar10 an not be limited to proprietary parts and if you want grendel you can chamber the ar10 for grendel and gain some case length via the longer magazine or just chamber the ar10 for one of the larger 6.5s if your buying quality ammo grendel and the larger 6.5 are virtually the same cost and if you are loading the difference is 4 cents worth of powder that buys you up to 400 fps
                      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                        while i am all more more grendel proliferation a 16" mutant grendel rifle weighs 8.4 pounds a 16" ar10 platform weighs 8.4 pounds https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10-tactical-16/ so whats the gain

While the mutant is stronger your not gaining any case length with the ak mag so you cant really fit anymore powder so its still not viable turn a grendel into a 260 deal which is a foolish pipe dream anyway so if your going to carry the same wight as a ar10 why not just carry an ar10 an not be limited to proprietary parts and if you want grendel you can chamber the ar10 for grendel and gain some case length via the longer magazine or just chamber the ar10 for one of the larger 6.5s if your buying quality ammo grendel and the larger 6.5 are virtually the same cost and if you are loading the difference is 4 cents worth of powder that buys you up to 400 fps
                        EXACTLY. You typed my reply. Before I finished typing. And better. I gladly hit the delete button a few seconds to simply copy and paste... EXACTLY...

oh... and the cost. That too.

Oh - maybe sell me a barrel extension, and a bolt, and we're golden though. That part's very interesting.
                        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by CavityBackBullets View Post
                          No supersonic crack. Are these subsonic rounds?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

For those talking about wall thickness on bolts, consider this:

SCAR-17 on the left, .473" case head diameter, 62000psi max working pressure. Control your metallurgy, and bolt life isn't an issue.

5.56 bolt on the right.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                            X