Android forum app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android forum app

Has anyone found a forum app that works on an Android phone for 65grendel.com?

Or a ? to the mods: any chance of getting support for Tapatalk or another forum app?

I browse the forum on my DROID x using opera mini. be sure to use mini, not opera mobile

works great!

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

HOWDY! A&M class of 2000 here.

No help on your question though... Which Android are you using? Mine (EVO) works fine with the full website. It does lag a bit on 3g but I do most of my browsing on 4g or Wifi.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I just use the normal android browser on my Droid X. Works perfectly fine. I see that on some website, I get a notice about using "tapatalk" but I'm not paying for an app just to view the forum that I can do perfectly fine without it!

A mobile site would be nice and easy, but i have no trouble double tapping to zoom in on a thread.

Comment

I can read this forum on my droid x with no issues

Comment

Class of 94 here.

Normally browsing is fine on my Galaxy S. It's just that the forums require a lot of panning back and forth to read once I zoom in enough to see the text.

I'm trying Opera now. I like it better so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAggie94 View Post
              Class of 94 here.

Normally browsing is fine on my Galaxy S. It's just that the forums require a lot of panning back and forth to read once I zoom in enough to see the text.

I'm trying Opera now. I like it better so far.
              once you zoom in, double tap the screen......it should adjust the text to fit your screen so you don't have to pan back and forth. Also, you canjust double tap whn you open a page to autozoom and wrap the text. usually, that is good enough.....but sometimes my eyes need a little more zooming in.

Comment

• pinzgauer
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

pretty usable on an HP touchpad. Only thing I'd like to see is a slightly bigger icon for the "show latest post" icon, even for regular computers.

Comment

• pinzgauer
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

Hi John, with tapatalk now being usable on more than just android, is there any chance of installing the plugin for the forum? Sure makes it easier to read on portable devices. Free, and can be removed at any time if you don't like it.

Everything I've read indicates it's very easy to install/turn-on.

Tapatalk has made it much easier for me to participate in forums from my phone or table when traveling. (And even at home)

Comment

• vanguard138

No problems with my Droid.

Comment

• wheelguner
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2011

Just tried to view on my Incredible using Dolphin Browser (INMHO the best browser for Android) and it works/looks great.

Comment

• pinzgauer
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

It's not that you can't view it on a tablet or android.... it's just that tapatalk/communities makes it much easier/clearer. You don't have to struggle clicking on the "last article" icon. It uses the native interface of the device, and it's gesture approach.

I guess until you've used it it will not make sense. But it certainly has made my forum reading while traveling or not at my main computer enjoyable, rather than tolerable.

One big win is it takes sites like m4carbine.net, etc with it's thousands of posts and makes it much more manageable. You can catch up sections, look at all posts in all sections by time, just unread posts, etc. And when done mark the whole forum as read if needed.

Heck, even beyond556.com, 68forums.com, and my local shooting forums have it! :smile: (which I found out by it's handy search feature to find other forums of interest)

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Any Progress On This?

Comment

bump

Would love to see some tapatalk support for when I'm using my iPad. The forum doesn't update to show I've read posts when I'm in Google Chrome on my Mac.

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

You need to clear your cookies. I have that problem with firefox on my pc sometimes. Personally I think the forum runs better on my droid than tap a talk does.
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X