• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AppalachianGunSlinger
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

Need feedback Larue Ultimate Upper Kit

Looks like the wife may be planning behind my back and getting me one of these Larue Ultimate upper kits in the 6.5 grendel for Xmas. About 99% sure after a mis-text from my father about getting her packsage from Larue and wrapping it up for xmas. That along with my wife giving me a hard time about my grendel build. Never gives me trouble on rifles builds. Especially since they are saved up for a long time and do so responsibly without breaking our budget. Anyone have experience with them? Thoughts on the build. I do ahve a Larue OBR in 556 so quite familiar with the build quality of larue and barrel potentials.

I was mention the 6.5 Grendel to her for at least 8months and did ask for a Larue Ultimate Upper Kit in Creed for next xmas from her and family. Time will tell would like to get some feedback on it. Have not really seen much yet on them. Might have to browse over to ar15 dot com and view the larue forum for some more information on them. But can say that the grendel upper at sub $800 for a complete upper using all top tier parts is one hell of a deal. Hell my build I am finishing up with all thanksgiving, Black Friday, xmas, blems and still using parts I already had was almost $700. And with their kit you get a set of decent furniture, a lower parts kits, a hell of a trigger, magazine, and all other lower parts, including BCG and charging handle. Really what I wish more manufacturers would do and release a kit like this that gives you everything sans the lower for a build. You know timing will be right and only have ot deal with one manufacture if something is wrong. Plus they do all their parts in house now. Talk about QC I dont see how one could pass this up. I hope I am right about that. I am serisouly looking forward to xmas. My xmas present to myself was finishing this upper build, and did so with good parts but cheaply not what my ultimate would be. Now if she did get me this am I grand or in for a whammy? Thoughts.. thanks..
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Upper or complete rifle...it's the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVsfoHjAEli/ Many have been asking for a LaRue 6.5 Grendel for a while now. Mark LaRue used a little 20" LaRue Stealth 6.5 Grendel back in 2007 to kill a large bull elk up in Wyoming, at a distance of 407yds. When he met his guide and showed him what he was going to use for the hunt, the

From everything that I have read (one more thread on it in same section) it's an excellent upper.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Basically, it's a $2000 rifle for 800 bucks. Add a lower and rifle's done. Comes in a AR15buildbox.com box. Very nicely thought out, best deal going. Merry Christmas man, that's awesome!

P.S. You can buy a lower from Larue with the order number for the upper. https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/

(There is also a discounted price offer for the UU buyers on the 7.62 suppressor if you are so inclined.)
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

Comment

• cb4017
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

I have one in 6.5 Grendel. I first bought the UU kit. I paid the extra bucks for for factory assembly. I put the upper on an Aero Precision lower initially. Then when LaRue made lowers available I bought one to make my rifle all LaRue. It's a shooter. It will easily shoot sub MOA or better. The attached group is at 400 yds.

You're a lucky guy.
          Attached Files
          Cliff
          USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2017

Very cool. Did find out I got one for Xmas. But unfortunately due to the holidays, backordrs, and build schedule I got a nice print out instead of the upper. Hopefully from what my wife said I should have it hands at least the upper in the next two weeks and the lower shortly thereafter..

Comment

• carlspackler
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2017

.8moa average with eld-m and hitting steel @ 390m every shot with Wolf 100gr earlier today. Already one of my favorite guns.

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2017

Good to know the chamber will eat Steel cased ammo. I have a ar that get all screwy shooting steel cased ammo. Funny now that I think of it. I never tried it in another ar.... things that make you go hmm. Now time to check my order status come on baby fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                X