• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZHTfreak
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Quick 12" VG6 type POLL

$40 + $0 for the AP VG6s is VERY tempting. Quick 12" barrel device HordePOLL:

1.9oz shorter Gamma 300BLK VG6
    or
    2.4oz longer Gamma 65 VG6?

Gonna be a while before it's suppressed...
    Last edited by AZHTfreak; 12-27-2017, 11:38 PM.
    DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Short. Why go longer on a short barrel?
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Actually, it is my belief from watching all those muzzle flash test YouTube videos and reading some old Army report from Aberdeen that a longer muzzle device is more effective at reducing flash. It's just the physics of it.

But I could be wrong and it might not even apply in this case.

So my thinking, for myself, is that a short barrel allows me to use a longer, more effective flash hider while minimizing its length penalty. Cuz short barrels could use some help minimizing flash!
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• AZHTfreak
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Damn, 1 v 1... I can argue either choice on it's merits in my head - forever - but am leaning shorter/lighter. You both have valid observations. 1/2 oz delta. Break the tie PLEASE O' so wise Horde...
        DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Brett
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2017

Buy them both and see which one you like better

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Well, my observations are probably applicable only to an A2-style or three-prong.

I think the Gamma brakes you're talking about are a different animal.
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

So i may be mistaken but these are not made to hide the flash at all. They are made to mitigate recoil and muzzle rise. And are fluid dynamic enginered or something like that and made fairly specific to the round being utilized. There fore i would (and have 4 times now) gone with 6.5 devices. The 5.56 VG6 I bought does have a three prong config at the end so its ported baffled AND has the tri prongs leeding me to believe its does all three.

After a quick peek it DOES look like the 300 gamma is castleated but not enough to effectively do anything.
              Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 12-30-2017, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                Warrior
                • Jul 2017

Not exactly on topic, but my 12" gb faxon barrel is going to be topped off with a krink style blast forwarder, al a noveske flaming pig. Seems like the best of all non suppressed worlds. Flash and recoil mitigation without brutal muzzle blast on a cqb oriented gun.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

Ugh. You guys need to stop trying so hard to make sound judgements on your builds... I mean, dang it, this is supposed to be FUN and EXCITING! Seriously though, that’s well reasoned. I’m kinda worried about the brake on my 12 Faxon. Oh wait, nah. Bore blast = more fun and excitement, especially for the guys next to me!

Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                    I’m kinda worried about the brake on my 12 Faxon. Oh wait, nah. Bore blast = more fun and excitement, especially for the guys next to me!

Now that's the proper holiday spirit of sharing with others!

I'm not that good a man, i want to tame muzzle blast for purely selfish reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X