• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Princess_Jamie
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Lower Build (New Member)

As I piece together my lower receiver to attach my Grendel upper to, here is what I came up with while keeping long range target shooting in mind.

Spikes Receiver (closed trigger well)
    G2S Trigger
    Luth-Ar Modular Stock MBA1
    DPMS grip with palm shelf
    2A armament takedown pins (Titanium)
    CMC anti walk trigger pins

Any suggestions/reviews on my parts list would be appreciated.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I like those stocks and the geissele is on sale right now for new years

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2017

Now for a quality bipod to mount on.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

MBA 1 is around $100 at Monmouth Reloading with code STOCK. $50 saved that can get you halfway towards upgrading to a JP Silent Capture Spring
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Frontier Gear
          Warrior
          • Nov 2017

Another vote for the JP Silent Capture Spring. It's not needed but makes for a nicer feeling gun when you shoot it, and it doesn't "rattle" when you carry it.
          Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
            Another vote for the JP Silent Capture Spring. It's not needed but makes for a nicer feeling gun when you shoot it, and it doesn't "rattle" when you carry it.
            Plus, you don’t need to use the buffer retainer and spring. Which means you have extras for when they go flying across the room when you work on other lowers!
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Frontier Gear
              Warrior
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
              Plus, you don’t need to use the buffer retainer and spring. Which means you have extras for when they go flying across the room when you work on other lowers!
              I hate to admit it, but I did that once. I think the buffer retainer is actually somewhere in the floor vent behind me as I type this.
              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

I definitely like comfort along with practicality and something that doesn't cost what my 338 lapua did to shoot,

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

As mist people would around these parts i HIGHLY reccomend a LaRue MBT2 trigger. On sale they are $100 and rank up there with some of the best including the geissele's.
                  I also would highly reccomend the JP SCS its pretty amazing how such a innocuous piece seems to make you appreciate your work so much more.
                  Not to familiar with the spikes lowers but Anderson makes a closed gaurd lower as well. Its forged as well. And they are pretty dang cheap but not on quality. Just a great cheap lower. Ive seen them for sale for around $40. Check primary arms and classic fire arms. Im sure others have them for the same sale price.
                  I never liked paying the brand name prices when i can get similar (or sometimes better) stuff for almost half price. Sometimes you just cant help yourself and curiosity though.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2017

My current favorite lower is the Aero M4E1. It's just well thought out, super easy to assemble and removes the slop between your upper and lower. You can pick them up for about $85 if you shop around. After that is the Areo Gen 2 which you can find for about $50, then the Anderson which you can find for about $40-$45.
                    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                      Not to familiar with the spikes lowers but Anderson makes a closed gaurd lower as well. Its forged as well. And they are pretty dang cheap but not on quality. Just a great cheap lower. Ive seen them for sale for around $40. .
                      My current favorite lower is the Aero M4E1. It's just well thought out, super easy to assemble and removes the slop between your upper and lower. You can pick them up for about $85 if you shop around. After that is the Areo Gen 2 which you can find for about $50, then the Anderson which you can find for about $40-$45.
                      Just ordered an Anderson lower, 46.13 total shipped to my ffl dealer who charges a 15$ transfer fee.
                      Last edited by Princess_Jamie; 12-30-2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
                        NOTE: Due to popular demand these stripped lowers are on a short back order.  Expect a 2 week delay in shipping. COLOR FILL ADDS 6-8 Weeks lead time as they are all painted by hand.  Unicorns are awesome, but never go Full Libturd! Our stripped lowers are made to the highest standards. If you are planning a build or just putting lowers away for a rainy day you can't go wrong with Spike's lower receivers.
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Jamie, the Geissele G2S come with an e shaped retaining spring clip for the hammer pin so not sure if your wanting the CMC anti walk trigger pin for piece of mind. I understand using anti walk pins on a blow back pistol caliber or rimfire AR-15. Just not an item normally seen used by forum members from my recollection. Nothing wrong with using the anti walk pin just curious if you’ve had previous problem?

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Yeah those M4E1 lowers probably are the nicest. I dont have any personal experience with them. And arent the most expensive lower around. The uppers are where they truly shine. Ive had a very hard time resisting the sales at monmouth for $75 uppers on those. The lowers are pretty much just there for the ride. As long as the geometry is correct they are fairly preferential.

Comment

• Princess_Jamie
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2017

The uppers are where they truly shine. Ive had a very hard time resisting the sales at monmouth for $75 uppers on those. The lowers are pretty much just there for the ride. As long as the geometry is correct they are fairly preferential.
                              Upper should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X