• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

how short???

how short could i cut down one of the faxon 12" group buy barrels to??? would i have to open up the gas port?? to what size??
    any help would be appreciated!!
  • explorecaves
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

With the barrel profile, if you cut it down, you will not have enough barrel thickness to properly thread it (lack of material to make a proper shoulder for any muzzle device). You also need enough time in the barrel after the bullet passes the gas port to allow enough pressure to cycle the bcg (increasing the gas port will help some).

So if you do not plan to thread the barrel, and you are willing to play with the gas port size, you could potentially cut it down to about 10.5".... but you run the risk of not having enough bullet time in the barrel to pressurize the system. That is why once you get below a certain barrel length, you have to go from a carbine gas system (group buy barrel) to a pistol gas system (which typically has it's own timing problems).

Comment

• jonny rotton
      Warrior
      • Dec 2015

does anyone know where i could find a decent 10" or so barrel?? that is not real high priced??

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

This listing is for Barrel Only!!! NO Bolt - Bolt available as Option 6.5 Grendel SAAMI Spec Barrel Blank by Criterion Hand Lapped Chambered by PF 1-8 Twist Stainless 5/8x24 Threaded Muzzle Available in 10.5, 11.5, 12.5, 14.5, 16,18, 20, 24 inch lengths 10.5, 11.5, 12.5 are Carbine Gas 14.5 and 16 is mid length gas 18 is intermediate and include custom gas tube 20, 22, 24 are rifle length gas Optional Profiles listed in Options Bolts or Carrier Groups are Optional Bolts must be .136 Bolts or known as Type 2 Chambered in house to match specifications Test Fired with 3 rounds Weights for Hbars: 2 lbs 2 oz 16" 2 lbs 5 oz 18" 2 lbs 9 oz 20" Options: Fluted Front and Back sections inhouse by PF Fluted Rear Section only for 14.5 inch and shorter barrels Target Crowned Cerakote in either black or Stainless Bead Blast Bolts or Carrier Groups Please Note: Barrels shorter than 14.5 inches can only be fluted rear section only. Just not enough material to flute the front section on these shorter barrels. Delivery time -...

10.5" for $325. I would call them and see if they have any other options for less.

Comment

• jonny rotton
          Warrior
          • Dec 2015

i think i will visit x-caliber barrels shop and see what they can do for me. i have gotten one custom barrel from them in 6.5 grendel and it shot lights out.

Comment

Working...
          X