• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azgeek
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

Bipod Recommendations

I simply want the BEST overall for an AR15. To be used for prone and bench shooting. Suggestions?
  • Azgeek
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

Sorry. Should have posted in the optics/accessory section.

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Atlas is the top of the line right now, but there are more coming this year. SHOT show had some nice offerings, now they need to come to market.
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

Don't think you can go wrong with a Harris

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

I'll never buy another Caldwell.
          If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
            Atlas is the top of the line right now, but there are more coming this year. SHOT show had some nice offerings, now they need to come to market.
            This...
            Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
            Don't think you can go wrong with a Harris
            And this...
            Originally posted by TomSawyerNW View Post
            I'll never buy another Caldwell.
            And especially this!

I have all three, and I like the Harris notch leg for quick setup. The Atlas is very configurable and useful, but can slow you down if you are in a bit of a hurry. Otherwise, the Atlas is quite solid, particularity with the rail mount.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• ClutchAutomatic
              Warrior
              • Jan 2018

Waiting for the atlas BT65-LW17

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

Gg&g. Just noticed your in Tucson, your home town co.

GG&G’s XDS-2 QD Tactical Bipod with its' Quick Detach feature fills the need for a quick detach yet rock Tactical Bipod. Click or call 800-380-2540 for details on this super bipod.
                Last edited by AZHTfreak; 02-26-2018, 08:31 PM.
                DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Klem
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Harris is the popular benchmark for bipods. If there is a weakness it would be how it connects to the gun via a small button. AR's typically have MIL STD 1913 rails on the handguard so you'll need an interface button to connect a Harris. You can either use a quick detach which has this button, or have the button permanently attached.

The LaRue LT130, GGG 1406 and the Badger TRAMP are examples of quick detach rail mounts with the Harris button (I've used the LT130...It works, but makes the interface bulkier and heavier than it could be). Or you can permanently fit a Harris connector button to the underside of your handguard, if it is possible to do this (like the Samson Leymod Harris adapter; http://www.samson-mfg.com/product/KM-BIPOD-KIT.html

Or, you can remove the Harris button and replace it with something more solid. Badger has recently introduced something called their, Low Profile Harris Mount:
                  http://www.badgerordnance.com/low-pr...picatinny.html. The downside is you can't take it on and off in a hurry like the quick detach mounts or even using the standard button and Harris' replacement wheel for screwing it on/off. The upside of the LPHM is the Harris is closer to your handguard and it's a solid fitting that does not rely on a single small button for interface. To be honest I have yet to use the LPHM so cannot comment on it other than say it is a recent innovation and on spec it solves an issue that concerns some.

I have a couple of Harris, with the notched legs.

Beware of counterfeits. All popular brands have been copied by the Chinese; Harris, Atlas and even the GGG 'freak's' talking about.
                  Last edited by Klem; 02-26-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Azgeek View Post
                    I simply want the BEST overall for an AR15. To be used for prone and bench shooting. Suggestions?
                    IMO

Harris, 9-13", swivel version, with leg notches.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                      Harris is the popular benchmark for bipods. If there is a weakness it would be how it connects to the gun via a small button. AR's typically have MIL STD 1913 rails on the handguard so you'll need an interface button to connect a Harris. You can either use a quick detach which has this button, or have the button permanently attached.

The LaRue LT130, GGG 1406 and the Badger TRAMP are examples of quick detach rail mounts with the Harris button (I've used the LT130...It works, but makes the interface bulkier and heavier than it could be). Or you can permanently fit a Harris connector button to the underside of your handguard, if it is possible to do this (like the Samson Leymod Harris adapter; http://www.samson-mfg.com/product/KM-BIPOD-KIT.html

Or, you can remove the Harris button and replace it with something more solid. Badger has recently introduced something called their, Low Profile Harris Mount:
                      http://www.badgerordnance.com/low-pr...picatinny.html. The downside is you can't take it on and off in a hurry like the quick detach mounts or even using the standard button and Harris' replacement wheel for screwing it on/off. The upside of the LPHM is the Harris is closer to your handguard and it's a solid fitting that does not rely on a single small button for interface. To be honest I have yet to use the LPHM so cannot comment on it other than say it is a recent innovation and on spec it solves an issue that concerns some.

I have a couple of Harris, with the notched legs.

Beware of counterfeits. All popular brands have been copied by the Chinese; Harris, Atlas and even the GGG 'freak's' talking about.
                      For replacements of the Harris swivel mounts, these are a couple I found. I bought the Arasaka's, but found one flaw in that they have to be slid on, unlike the B.O. model. Neither have a QD.

Left is the Badger Ordinance, right is the Arasaka Defense.

lphm_pic.png

Removing the original plate is as easy as unscrewing a nut, removing a retention pin and sliding the old plate off. Put the replacement on and replace the pin and nut. Done.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?14319-Harris-Bipod-Replacement-Swivel-Mounts

Finally, I replaced the swivel plate locking nuts with locking levers, making loosening and securing the bipod a much simpler task.
                      41G572Gl1GL.jpg

Last edited by NugginFutz; 02-27-2018, 12:48 AM.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• NightFisher
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                        Finally, I replaced the swivel plate locking nuts with locking levers, making loosening and securing the bipod a much simpler task.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11183[/ATTACH]

https://www.amazon.com/ACCU-Ratchet-...ris+lock+lever
                        +1 on this. The Harris S Series is nice but it is a PITA without this lever.

Comment

• BCHunter
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2018

+1 on Harris 9-13 notched leg swivel with aftermarket lever. This is best value proven design. Have not tried the atlas if you have the funds it is what people are upgrading too.

Comment

• brian y
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
                            IMO

Harris, 9-13", swivel version, with leg notches.
                            This and i also purchased the Odin Works Bipod adapter, Very low profile and works great.
                            NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• StoneHendge
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2016

I have a couple of Harris's and an Atlas. The stiffness of the Atlas's legs make it much easier to consistently load. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for. If I ever bothered to spend the time and ammo, I'm convinced I'd get smaller groups with the Atlas.
                              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                              X