• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Recondo
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Sulzer 6.5

Newbie here, anyone have any experience with Sulzer firearms out of La? Am looking at their complete 6.5 Thanks in advance
    Recondo
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

I don’t have personal experience with them but have read positive things about them on another forum. Based on what I have read Sulzer should be good to go.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Bevo
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Recondo View Post
      Newbie here, anyone have any experience with Sulzer firearms out of La? Am looking at their complete 6.5 Thanks in advance
      Did you end up ordering from Sulzer?

Comment

• Bevo
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

Well, I ended up buying both the 6.5G 12.5" and the 10.5" 300BLK complete uppers. Both come with BCG and CH. $950 shipped for both.

The specs on everything look great and I also read good things about them on another forum.

I guess I'll find out soon enough...Going to build a pistol lower with a SBA3 brace to host both uppers.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
          Warrior
          • Apr 2018

Comment

• Bevo
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Nice! Are you shooting it suppressed?

Where did you find the 123 SST? I've had some backordered at Cabelas for weeks. Haven't been able to find anything online. Not that it matters though...the ELD-M has been dropping hogs with no problem.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
              Warrior
              • Apr 2018

Not yet on suppressed. Won't be out of jail until july or august I hope. I reload so ordered just the bullets. Graf and sons reloading has them. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/25548 . Did 50 rounds today to break it in according to faxon web site. Grouping sucked. Only went with 26.0 grains of 8208 for the break in. Did both SST and match. Match grouped better but still not good. Its breaking in so didn't expect much. Going back next week to work up loads. Thought a local store had commercial ammo on hand but they didn't. Like to zero with commercial then do my reloads to match or do better. Plus the commercial if groups better, then I know its my reloading not doing good. Didn't hink match bullets would do well killing animals. May have to look into that. Brass is getting beat up a little bit but since its braking in, kind of expected it. Hope it calms down some. Had new hornady brass I got on my reload order. Prefer them over most. Didn't want to spend the bucks on Lapua brass, which I use on my bolts when doing initial reloading for my bolt rifles. Am enjoying less recoil than my AR308, plus a lighter rifle in general. Have 1 more week to get out and get my load development done before I am out for 3 months. Surgeries suck. Out of 10 shots on the SST's, chrono'd 2127 fps avg, the match did 2118 fps for 10 shots. Hope to see better as I build them up the latter.
              Last edited by Bearcatrp; 04-20-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X