• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

Russian VEPR in 6.5 Grendel

Look what Classic Firearms has in stock.

Rifle, Russian VEPR 6.5 Grendel rifle, 16.5" chrome-lined BBL, semi-automatic, beautiful walnut wood furniture, heavy target BBL, side rail, includes 2- 10rd mags - .223 caliber - Type 1 Adjustable rear and standard AK front sights. 
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Now that is a Wolf Ammo feeder.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

I have NO experience with the ruskie klak weapons, how does a VEPR differ from an AK?
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I’m not an authority by any means but I think the receiver on the VEPR uses a different receiver than a stamped AK receiver. I think the VEPR uses an RPK receiver which is heavier. The gas piston design and the trigger components are the same basic design. I wonder if the difference is a variation on an AK design is somewhat the same difference as using a forged receiver compared to billet receiver in an AR. Both receiver accomplish the same thing but the appearance is slightly different as is the manufacturing process and weight.

The AKM and stamped AK use a squared off receiver at the point the butt stock attaches. The VEPR needs to be modified to accept a standard AK butt stock because the rear corner of the receiver is different. The VEPR is manufactured to make it easier to import and is more difficult to mount a conventional AK butt stock and pistol grip in a similar fashion as a Saiga AK variant.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-15-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

My father shoots a 20.5" barreled Grendel Vepr, and by all accounts I was amazing with how well it shot.

It was hard on brass until he made few modifications.

We noticed wile handloading that it was going 50-100fps faster than any of our ar/bolt guns with similar barrel lengths. I was wondering recently if it has a .262 bore like the wolf ammo specs out at, thus the increase of pressure and velocity.
          Being an AK is shows pressure differently.

Magazines are the big con to this platform. Last time I checked there are only 10 rounders available, and to use 7.62 mags it requires modifications to the receiver.

Also it's stamped "6.5x39". Not sure if it's a SAAMI chambers design or something different altogather.
          Last edited by Kilco; 03-15-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X