• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Binary trigger WTH!

I have a range in my back pasture. Goes to 150 yards. The backstop is 7 feet high and there is a hill behind it that has a house built into the side of it, bunker sort of. The only way I could hit that house would be to intentionally shoot through trees till I hit it. Anyway a friend of mine comes over with his new toy. An AR15 in 9mm fitted with a suppressor and a binary trigger. For those that don't know this device requires you to shoot twice every time you pull the trigger, it goes off when you pull the trigger and when you let it go. I fire four rounds slow fire to get a feel for it. My friend shoots once and then pointing the barrel up over my berm tries to put the safety on with the trigger pulled to see if he can fire only one shot. Of course it goes off pointing at Roberts place on the hill. I got pissed and reminded him for the second time in 5 minutes I have a neighbor that lives up there and he says it was an accident, I say If Robert is hurt it won't make a bit of difference accident or not. Amazingly he is pissed and says he is tired of my bitching, then leaves! So I go up the hill to see if anyone is hurt, thankfully no one is and we can't find any clue to where the bullet went. So I am twice shocked, first that he would make such a dumb move and second his cavalier attitude toward safety.
  • 37L1
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

He ain't your friend.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Benefits of having your own range is that you know who isn't coming back.

Comment

• rickt300
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

That is a fact!

Comment

• CVCOBRA1
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

Your place, your rules. If he does come back with his "toy" tell him to just leave it in his truck.

Comment

• Clarence
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

Binary triggers invite unplanned shots. I don't believe they are either safe or a tool for a serious rifleman.

Clarence

Comment

• dammitman
              Warrior
              • Dec 2012

I am speechless. I wouldn't want to be on a range with you or your buddy. I have been on ranges with guys and their kids and they were so sure they were safe and what I saw happening was a kid who didn't have proper pre range talks. sounds like your buddy to me. that's all I got to say about that.
              Last edited by dammitman; 03-30-2018, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Clarence View Post
                Binary triggers invite unplanned shots. I don't believe they are either safe or a tool for a serious rifleman.

Clarence
                I agree and although I will get flamed for it, I am kind of happy to see em get hammered.
                We have already seen serious incidents due to them at local ranges and just with Hill-billies acting like Hill-billies.
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• 41bear
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

Am in total agreement that these "Toys" have no place in our sport/2A. First off if I'm going to spend $150 to $400 on any trigger/device it will be to gain accuracy. That said Trump using ExOrder/Justice to outlaw these things, with no GF clause no less, making any law abiding citizen a criminal is not only wrong it's unconstitutional.
                  "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• keystone183
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

You fudds in this threat are why we will lose the 2A. Congrats.

Comment

• centerfire
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                      I agree and although I will get flamed for it, I am kind of happy to see em get hammered.
                      We have already seen serious incidents due to them at local ranges and just with Hill-billies acting like Hill-billies.
                      I don't own a bump stock or a binary trigger but the anti's are busy chipping away at your rights. Capitulating only emboldens them and legitimizes their cause. As far as I'm concerned, bump stocks and binary triggers are the hill we die one. Just look at what we're facing in Oregon, fudds said 'you can have bump stocks' and the antis say 'see, even gun owners agree'. Now they are using your cowed capitulation to attempt to take semi auto rifles and pistols entirely.

NOT ONE XXXX INCH! Not bump stocks, not anything.

Centerfire:

I edited out your curse word.

This is a family oriented forum and such words are not allowed at all.

LR55
                      Last edited by LR1955; 03-30-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• BCHunter
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2018

One could argue if these companies didn't invent these "acessories" to bypass the current laws on what semi auto is. We wouldn't have this political mess were republicans have pressure to do something to keep their seat.
                        The gun companies one uped the loop holes in the gun laws so now we faced one uped legislation and less solid ground to stand on.

Comment

• rickt300
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2017

I really didn't have any experience with the binary trigger, but anything that requires you to shoot twice is BS. Apparently the guy that did the AD had no experience with one either. Personally I am a hunter and target shooter. I do not need anymore firepower than what I can get out of a semi auto used as it is designed. When Uncle Sam was buying my ammo I got over any infatuation with full auto I might have had way back then. You have to carry that ammo!

Comment

• keystone183
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
                            One could argue if these companies didn't invent these "acessories" to bypass the current laws on what semi auto is. We wouldn't have this political mess were republicans have pressure to do something to keep their seat.
                            The gun companies one uped the loop holes in the gun laws so now we faced one uped legislation and less solid ground to stand on.
                            One could argue that. But it would mean they were arguing that they are more interested in politics than rights. Don't worry, there are others who will stand for your freedom, if you won't stand for theirs.

Comment

• centerfire
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
                              There is no such thing as a "loophole". It's an emotive cliche used to elicit a specific negative response. The binary trigger is a device that fits within the legal definition of a semi-auto rifle as does a bump stock. If congress doesn't like the current legal definition of a semi-auto firearm they should pass legislation to change it (they shouldn't).

Comment

Working...
                              X