• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Neighbors Shooting in TN

My wife and I are visiting the land she bought in Tennessee.
    Yesterday we were walking around the land when shooting erupted across the street.
    The neighbors were out shooting a few ARs and pistols.
    It was like music to my ears. We stopped in at the neighbor across the street and introduced ourselves.
    The people shooting were her son in law and some friends.
    I regret now not bringing a Grendel.
    It would have to be a greater than 16" barrel or I would have been breaking numerous laws just driving to TN.
    I will feel right at home in Tennessee.
    I didn't interrupt them shooting. If I had a Grendel I would have let them shoot it.
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Luckily we have a Constitution that protects us when we have to travel through States that don't believe in it:

CAUTION: Federal and state firearms laws are subject to frequent change. This summary is not to be considered as legal advice or a restatement of law.

Is Hickok45 your new neighbor?
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• cwlongshot
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

I don't understand why you feel the need for a longer barrel than 16 to avoid illegalities... FED law for a rifle is 16" rifled and 26 OAL... as long as you exceed those numbers you should be legal.

CW

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Most states require a permit to carry a pistol but not a rifle.
        Just carrying a pistol into a motel room at night may be a crime.

I wish Hickok45 was my new neighbor. He may be a few properties away.

I just skimmed the NRA/ILA link you posted.
        I was concerned about Maryland since the other states should not care.
        Shooting an AR pistol on my own property should be OK in TN.
        Next trip I will bring a Grendel or three.
        Last edited by bj139; 04-02-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• mateba
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2017

cwlongshot, Gun prohibitions grew during the emancipation, alcohol prohibition, "minority" rights and the expansion of the central bank and nation debt. That being said the KKK didn't start in the south, it moved to the south with the slave trade as the country expanded and began to industrialize with subsides from southern agricultural taxes. Gun prohibitions is not about safety but tyranny. You can also find examples of the minimum wage used to cut out non-white men and women in general, by the KKK. Kinda like how muslims lobby host countries to make all meat halal so they can corner the butcher markets because they are really good at chopping heads in the direction of mecha.

Welcome to America Bj139.
          Last edited by mateba; 04-02-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• murfvol
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2016

Welcome to TN! Even if Hickok, TNOutdoors9, or 22Plinkster aren't your neighbors it sounds like you've got some good ones.

I lived over 20 years around Knoxville and another 10 near Nashville, and met some fine folks.

Comment

• BusterMcHooter
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2018

As long as you follow ATF regs about transport no reason not to bring an SBR, suppresor, full auto into Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
              X