• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SharpDog
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2015

Sigh, waiting for the uppers blues :(

Well, six weeks ago I ordered a great upper from Texas Gun Builders (don't buy anything from them). Recently I had the bank recind my order because I could not get ahold of them. I placed new orders with The Grendel Hunter for a long range upper and also ordered an Aero M4E1 upper for hunting.

So, six weeks later and I'm still waiting for an upper ... what a downer
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but if misery loves company I ordered an SB TACTIAL brace on the 4th on promotion listed in stock, got notice order confirmed the next day. Then got notice back ordered 2 to 3 weeks on the 6th. Ok no problem waiting on other parts anyways. Then I get e mail sale notice that the exact same item is on sale for 45.00 less then my back ordered limbo item? Makes a person wonder sometimes.

Comment

• Zeus
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

I looked at them when I purchased my Grendel......didn't go that route. Well it's a good thing that I went with Alexander Arms....I thought it would be 4-6 weeks, which is what they told me....The darn thing showed up 2 weeks later! Beautiful work too.....Maybe you want to cancel and order elsewhere?

Comment

• hill37
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

What do Wolf upper owners think about them? Reliable? Accurate? J&G sales has them for $350 plus shipping. Less than $20 to Memphis .

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
          What do Wolf upper owners think about them? Reliable? Accurate? J&G sales has them for $350 plus shipping. Less than $20 to Memphis .
          Save your money...

Comment

• Joseph5
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

LaRue Ultimate Build Kit people. Can't be beat for quality or value!

Comment

• jwynn481
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2018

Originally posted by SharpDog View Post
              Well, six weeks ago I ordered a great upper from Texas Gun Builders (don't buy anything from them). Recently I had the bank recind my order because I could not get ahold of them. I placed new orders with The Grendel Hunter for a long range upper and also ordered an Aero M4E1 upper for hunting.

So, six weeks later and I'm still waiting for an upper ... what a downer

if you still haven't received your upper, i have a stripped aero upper with 15" hand guard and keymod fore grip just laying around. also have some spare upper parts, charging handle and dustcover id sell ya. all are new and unused.

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

Not sure if that is better than knowing it will be a 12 week lead, then at 13 weeks, told it will be another 4 weeks, then 2 weeks, then next week, then 3 weeks....

6 months+ later and lots of emails I got a questionable upper.
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2018

Sucks when a company does this. Ordered my upper from sulzar firearms and they were up front on the delay and why. Plus kept me up to date. Hope you get yours soon.

Comment

• 1Shot
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Ordered everything I needed to build my upper from joeboboutdoors.com except the float tube which I ordered from STNGR.USA received it all and had it built in 7 days. It shoots like a dream. The worst it has shot is with factory Hornady 123 SST which is around 1 1/2" @ 100 but loads it likes are sub 1/2". Anderson upper, Oden Works 18" barrel with tunable gas block and complete bolt carrier group, Kaw Valley linear comp, dust cover, forward assist and charging handle were Joebob and the STNGR.USA VXPR 15" float tube which was only $124.99 shipped and is a GREAT tube. Very light and strong and is made in USA and is SUPER EASY to install. I will be using their tubes again as well as Oden Works barrels.

Comment

• Crracer712
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

Just got my hwk 15" hand guard from stngr, great looking hand guard and as easy to install as it gets!

If anyone checks them out, and checks out the review videos, the hand guards no longer come with a white inlay in the name, it's all black. It's nice that it comes with a wrench for installation using a 1/2" torque wrench as well!

Comment

Working...
                      X