• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Truckd11
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

First Pistol Build And Have a ?

Build is in 6.5 Grendel with group buy 12.7 bbl.
    I took it out yesterday and put two boxes of Hornady Black ammo through it to test the function and to sight in.
    First round had a very light strike, took it apart and the hammer spring was weak. I had another ar with me so I replaced the spring and tried it again.
    It worked fine, other than having to adjust my scope two full revolutions up to get it on paper at hundred yards. Not sure if this was because of the shorter bbl or what. Scope is Vortex Viper 2.5x10 mounted in the ADM Mount.

I just cleaned it today and noticed some rough spots on the inside of the bbl extension, as if some of the material chipped away from the lugs.
    Only thing I noticed at the range was that my brass was flying way further than from my other rifles. Brass was about 10 feet at around four o'clock.

Do you think this is just normal wear and it should be good to go?
    Bolt pictures are just the lighting, there is no wear at all that I can see.
    Thank you for any help you might provide.

• Truckd11
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

More pics

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

There are a couple of threads running on this issue. It appears that Faxon got a bad batch of barrel extensions.

DIY fixes for it include polishing the lugs, and chamber.

Another option is to contact Faxon.
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• va_connoisseur
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

I’m a relatively new member but looking to build a Grendel pistol. Is the group buy for the 12 in barrels still available and where do I find it?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

12.7 at the moment. Go Here: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-155-12S-amp-H
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• ClutchAutomatic
            Warrior
            • Jan 2018

How does your brass look?

Comment

Working...
            X