• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vetman1
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Gunsmith Recommendation

Any recommendations on the best gunsmith for getting a Bartlein Barrel smithed?

I have read some on Craddock Precision, but not much on the Grendel forum. Any more recommendations or opinions?
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Vetman, what part of the world are you in and what kind of "smithing" are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Bolt gun or ar?
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Blank into barreled action I’m guessing.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Vetman1
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2017

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

Precision firearms

Comment

• Vetman1
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2017

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Lilja's 18ers are middies.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

If the IM Gas system didn't work on PF's uppers, the guys that have them wouldn't like them. That doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't think you can go wrong having Mark chamber your Bartlein. Seems he's done a few, rather well. Lohttp://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.phpng waits, but that's par for the course here.
                  Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Vetman1
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2017

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

I'm sure your be fine. On the left is my 18" grendel with midgas and carbine length handguard (it's monolithic). On the right is my 24" Cream S'more with R+2 and a 15" handguard.

IMG_20180502_113701_crop_297x446.jpg

I don't mind the block sticking out a little as long as there's no gap between the back of the block and the front of the rail.
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bigs28
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2016

You could always call precision firearms and ask for what your looking for.

Comment

• grayfox
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2017

Do you have the barrel or a blank already or would buy it from them...
                          Re: Precision Firearms, I'm sure they can drill the proper size gas port hole at the proper distance for your mid-length, the tricky part is doing the chamber really well, then comes pinning the extension and drill the gas port. So they're good at that. Threading the end as well, none of the critical tasks differ from doing an intermediate vice a middy. Well, I guess turning the various barrel diameters...
                          Like Bigs suggested, give them a call and talk, ask if they would do you a Bartlein barrel in midlength gas, after all you're going to drop it into an existing setup if I read you correctly. See what they say.
                          Doesn't sound like you want the full-on upper assembly from them...
                          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Sticks
                            Chieftain
                            • Dec 2016

PF does good work...presumably. I have experience here with one complete upper. I can not in good conscious recommend them unless you are fine with getting your barrels back simply when they show up. Could be a week, month... could be a year and a half.

I'b be looking at Craddock to cut your blanks, or proof Research for a CF barrel instead of Bartlien (my PF upper has a Bartlien, and will be replaced with a PR CF barrel when it's time).
                            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Caser
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Vetman1 View Post
                              I am probably going to replace the barrels in my two uppers with drop in Bartlein barrels.
                              What am missing about those barrels not dropping right in?

Comment

Working...
                              X