• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PAsasquatch
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

Shepherd Scopes?

Has anyone ever used this brand of glass? If so, are they any good?

If they are, my grendel might be getting a new pair of eyes.

Sorry for the dumb new questions, but my AR style rifle knowledge is limited in comparison of some the patrons of this forum.

I just realized there is another part of the forum for this question; if a mod could move it.
    Last edited by PAsasquatch; 05-04-2018, 01:12 AM.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Was looking around and saw this for the first time. Feom what I've read it's American made in FL 1-8x scope. I think it's reticle is a pretty close match to the Grendel. Anyone have experience with this company? Retail at 545ish. Not bad.

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Very good scopes from what I hear..... talked to a couple of gents that have had some scopes still on rifles for over 20 years, no joke.
      They are a huge Defense and Space contractor who crossed into the "Scope" manufacturing years back.
      Made with European and Japanese parts and U.S made glass... Lifetime Warranty and even a custom reticle suited to your caliber and velocity.

I am going to buy a BRS 4-16x44 in the near future.
      Last edited by mdewitt71; 05-04-2018, 01:09 PM.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• 1Shot
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

My hunting buddy gave one a try a number of years ago on a bolt rifle 308 Win. It was for a 308 and to a point it worked OK as for drops on bullet and the glass was very clear. His problem was that the reticle was just too thin to see in low light conditions early in the morning and late in the evening when deer hunting and sent it to a new home. He replaced it with a Leupold with their heavy cross hair reticle and a laser range finder for true yardage. I have seen the results of this system in his hands, some very long walks to retrieve deer he has nailed.

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

I have two of them, one is on my 338 Win mag and 300 WHBY. They worked great for the hunting distances I use. No complaints. I purchased them back in the early 90's.

Comment

• PAsasquatch
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2018

Awesome, this is where my build will probably go in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X