• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azdude66
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

Diamondback AR in 6.5 Grendel

Just found one today at a decent price. I put it on layaway. I've heard mixed reviews of Diamondback. All feedback is appreciated.
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

I've never used their ARs, but I have a fair amount of experience with their pistols. Quality is "okay". I've sold a number of the new DB9s to people. The price is low and the DB9 packs a lot of punch for it's size.

It took about 50 rounds for my personal DB9 to be reliable. Now it works fine and I carry it regularly. My dad's earlier DB9 never was reliable, even after three trips back to the factory.

I had one DB380 that couldn't get through a single magazine without some type of jam. I sent that one back and they sent me a replacement. The second DB380 was just as bad as the first. They kept saying to "break it in". After putting over $100 worth of ammo through a $180 gun there was no improvement. I sent it back. This time they wouldn't replace it. They insisted on fixing it. After a long wait they returned it to me with no explanation. It was much better. Still not perfect, but it would get through two out of three magazines with out jamming. It is just a plinking gun that I wouldn't trust my life with. I have a perfectly reliable LCP that I use when I want to carry something smaller than the DB9.

I hope that the larger guns are more reliable than their small pistols. Let us know how it goes.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I don't remember the model number but the small pocket 380 pistols that some of the people that go through the handgun carry permit course I teach have bought are not reliable. We call them jam-O-matics. I try to steer people away from them but one old hard headed codger that went through the class afterwards went and bought one anyway and carries it AND HAS NEVER SHOT IT EVEN ONCE. I hope their rifles are better for your sake. I have learned that low price usually ends up meaning low quality and lots of headaches.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Chris just recently posted a video on the Diamondback AR-15’s and included the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

Working...
        X